PDA

View Full Version : Here I am....

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CJim7
08-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Im back. After a 9 month absence, it's time to re-sharpen my skills and knowledge of AMC powerplants :roll: :razz:
Not much new going on in my life other then a pending divorce between me and the wife of 14 years. The 401 is out of the CJ at the moment getting some machine work and a new cam. Almost done, then i can put it all back together :?

So what did I miss around here? Any new miracle cures to give AMC V8's +20mpg that i need to know about? :-|

jeepsr4ever
08-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Soo far

Rollen is a grandpa
Mudrat is recovering from a hangover and some kind of weiner surgery
Fuzz cut his har (IIRC)
MC broke his foot and tailbone and is getting married
DBesade fell into a vat of jello with some bikini girls (or was that a dream?)
Blown7's wife will be fine after cancer issues
2 moderators got fired

Those are the chit chat highlights :sa:

Glad to see you online sorry about your tough summer you will come out stronger and more dangerous to the female population now. :!:

CJim7
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Soo far

Rollen is a grandpa
Congrats Rollen!
Mudrat is recovering from a hangover and some kind of weiner surgery
This doesnt surprise me.
Fuzz cut his har (IIRC)
musta lost a bet
MC broke his foot and tailbone and is getting married
musta lost a bet
DBesade fell into a vat of jello with some bikini girls (or was that a dream?)
I dont think those were girls
Blown7's wife will be fine after cancer issues
Good to hear!
2 moderators got fired
Saw them on the corner holding "will work for food" signs

Those are the chit chat highlights :sa:

Glad to see you online sorry about your tough summer you will come out stronger and more dangerous to the female population now. :!:
Thanks for the words of encouragement! 8) :?:

jeepsr4ever
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
:?: :?: :?: 8) Awesome!

Lifted79CJ7
08-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Glad to see you back! Sucks about the divorce - have a friend going through the same after 13 years. I can't remember, what happened to the 401 that necessetated machining and a new cam?

Jack

PS - Oh, and I'm still here contributing absolutely nothing but " 8) " icons, and "please post pictures of your project because I'm broke and bored".

PSS - Please post pictures of your work in progress. 8)

CJim7
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Lost a camlobe :!: =D> so i pulled the motor apart and it's been sitting at the shop for the better part of the last year, because well, this happened juuuust before the wife and I split. Like within a week...when it rains, it pours :mrgreen:

When my wife found out where I had the engine work being done...she tried to get the motor from the shop and the owner said "Jim's Motor? forget it!" :fist: :!: I guess im lucky i got my CJ...I didnt get much more then that.

If I had some pictures to post of my progress Jack, i would post them, but my wife got the digital camera too 8)

rollen dean montoya
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
glad to see ya back :lo1l: sucks about the divorce #-o
sheena is eating very well :mrgreen: yes i will be corrupting her. oh wait a minute, i already started that :mrgreen:
mudrat won't let me break in or break his harley 8) got an invite to MC's wedding :razz: will be going to rathdrum idaho
about labor day weekend on my 85 gl1200 gold wing aspencade
LTD. still haven't figured out the trip computer yet but the cruise control sets at 80mph very nicely :lo1l: :mrgreen:

CJim7
08-08-2008, 07:41 PM
will be going to rathdrum idaho
about labor day weekend on my 85 gl1200 gold wing aspencade
LTD. still haven't figured out the trip computer yet but the cruise control sets at 80mph very nicely :lo1l: :mrgreen:
Is that a fact.... :-|
I got invited to go to Moab as a copilot over Labor day, but the driver plans on being gone longer then i can take off of work, so it looks like i will probably be up around Rathdrum. my club (out of Spokane) is planning a run up that way for Labor day weekend. We go up there quite often. Maybe I'll see you up there 8) :t:

rollen dean montoya
08-13-2008, 05:31 PM
cool :lo1l: :lo1l: :razz: if you see a gold goldwing with a blue california plate and the pilot with long hair and a beard its
likely to be me. i'll pm ya my cell number :mrgreen:

Mudrat
08-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, MC is a wanna-be. I've had shoulder surgery in Feb, broken an ankle in Japan in April, Passed a kidney stone in Juky enrout to Mexico and we're all still waiting PS pulies and Serpentine set ups for AMC's. Oh and most of us have done the married routine, but MC won't listen to reason :lo1l:

OH! I got a 'new' 86 Waggy for free and my Harley is a year older this month - like me :idea:

rollen dean montoya
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
yea so happy b-day and when are you gonna let me give your harley a good shakedown?

CJim7
08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Mudrat, it sounds to me like you need to quit traveling...Apparently, it's become detrimental to your health :shock:
Glad to see your almost still in one piece :t: I missed all this great stuff being gone so long :!:
(take a lesson MC...Marriage causes Altzheimers, long absences from public forums, alienation of our friends, and the eventual loss of our God-given sanity) 111!!!

CJim7
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
cool :lo1l: :lo1l: :razz: if you see a gold goldwing with a blue california plate and the pilot with long hair and a beard its
likely to be me. i'll pm ya my cell number :mrgreen:
Got it. If I end up there for Labor day weekend, I'll give you a holler. Still up in the air due to work, probably have to make a last minute decision (as always) :!:

rollen dean montoya
08-16-2008, 10:31 AM
isn't that the way it is 99%of the time #-o

Bulltear Ad