PDA

View Full Version : Oil issues

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dustym
08-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Just typed in question and messed up, so here is a shorter version.

60 miles on rebuild. lifter/rockers were ticking, oil level ok, but stock gauge shows very high pressure (70-80 psi) and wouldnt change from idle to cruise. 1 lifter was not torqued down anymore. While priming 3 lifters are not getting oil up through pushrods(new pushrods,cam, lifters), #3 intake, #4 and 5 Exhaust. Oil seems to be shooting out of pass side but flows steady from drivers side.

Any Ideas?

jeepsr4ever
08-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Something is blocking the passage. I wonder if your machininst installed a galley plug too deep.

dustym
08-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I put the rear ones in, but I couldnt remove the fronts. Would that cause only a couple not to pump oil?

FuzzFace2
08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I put the rear ones in, but I couldnt remove the fronts. Would that cause only a couple not to pump oil?Turn the motor over 90* and prime 90* prime till you go 360* back to TDC. Some of the lifter oil ports do not line up with the oil galie and will not pump up or let oil pass thru to the rockers had this happen when I pre primed my 360 after a rebuild. Then recheck oil level and I bet you will find it low.
Dave ----

dustym
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Found metal shavings inside my oil filter, and also the front cover and new pump gears are scored. I will be taking this engine back out to look what else has happened.
Thanks for that tip Dave, I will do this next time.

Tim

Bulltear Ad