PDA

View Full Version : OIL PAN TECH

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JERSEYJOE
08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
I know that there a a lot of replacement stock type oil pans out there for the AMC V8. Is it my imagination or does the Jeep Truck ie Grand Wagoneer and J series take a unique pan? The stock exhaust front y pipe fits into a dimple in the pan on the driver's side rear. I once installed an AMC pan of unknown origin and it did not have the dimple and the stock y pipe did not fit.

IS THERE A UNIQUE PAN FOR THE LARGER TRUCKS?

DO THE AFTERMARKET PANS HAVE THIS FEATURE?

jeepsr4ever
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Their is only one steel oil pan made for AMC's today. It is made in Taiwan and imported and modified by Bulltear, Milodon, Transdapt ect. The imports all have the drainplug on the side and the cutout for the factory crossmember in cars (Which was never needed anyway). Hope that answers your question.

JERSEYJOE
08-22-2008, 06:50 PM
The big trucks ie Grand Waroneer and J series pickup used a front Y pipe and the driver's side part of the pipe will hit the pan. The pan used on these trucks has a depression on the left rear corner for the Y pipe to fit. I asked BREK to look it up and the pan s still available from Jeep. Lists for $148.00.

Hope this is of use to someone besides me.

jeepsr4ever
08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Right, same spot for the crossmember as well. Like I said their is only one confirguration available and Chrysler gets their pans from the same source.

JERSEYJOE
08-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Did you ever find any roller rockers?

You said you might have a set

jeepsr4ever
08-23-2008, 01:45 AM
I have a couple sets on a shelf near our welding station. I will check tomorrow. Hit me up with a PM and I will see what type they are

Bulltear Ad