PDA

View Full Version : Dana 300 deep inspection pan

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Dusty
08-27-2008, 09:09 AM
"I know you can take a dana 20 inspection cover and get a little more capacity. as well a dana 20 girdle can be used on a dana 300 with some cutting and pasting.

is there anyone out there who would want a deep pan for the d300 that could also work on a dana 20 that is aluminium or billet especially when you clock the t-case the added capacity would be nice. it would mainly be there to help prevent any case stretch or distortion.

I've always loved the tri-county dana 20 girdle but i dont know if that is really neccessay the dana 300 doesnt seem to have stretch issues like the dana 20 does when you put lower gears in them. I have heard of a hand full of guys cracking the 300 and some claim that had they had a stronger oil pan what bound up inside might have ground itself up vs binding and cracking the case..... either way With a heavier oil pan on the dana 300 i think 99% of any chances of stretch (spread) pf a d300 case with 4:1's and a 401 would be pretty much minimized "

The added oil capacity ould be nice thoug especially when a 300 is clocked flat might help minimize foaming?

Any thoughts plus itd be some bling bling under there

Thread from pirate about this very thing years ago.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301666&highlight=dana+300+girdle #-o

Bulltear Ad