PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Brand as Intrepid as Its Vehicles

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
09-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Interesting article from WARDS Automotive. (http://wardsauto.com/ar/jeep_cachet_intrepid_080910/)
and I never liked the Commander anyway. It was uncomfortable to drive and sucked gas like it was going out of style - which I guess it is 111!!!
And the Compass is a joke of a "Jeep"!! Unibody and 2 wheel drive - up front -to boot?? #-o

rollen dean montoya
09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
my EAGLE is ajeep and the compass can never follow me!

Mudrat
09-19-2008, 02:59 PM
my EAGLE is ajeep and the compass can never follow me!
And I KNOW it's better milage than that POS Commander I had in FL last year. I returned that POS after a week!!!! I mean not only was it uncomfortable -but I'm a taxpayer too (this was on a government contract) and that POS was sucking fuel at 11 MPG!!!! I get better than that in my full size, 4-door, longbed Hemi!!!! #-o

8) the Commander

mrtazwrench
09-19-2008, 06:23 PM
11 MPG! :?: I can get that with my J20 while towing :mrgreen: not that I even considered a comandqueer, but I guess I'd be better off building the 88 wag I picked up last spring. Jeep started to go downhill when mopar bought them and killed the J-truck, and got worse in 91 when they killed the SJ all together. :(:

amcramblermarlin
09-26-2008, 06:55 PM
What I've seen happen to Jeep lately has to be the effect of Daimler's purchase of Chrysler; why did I expect the Germans to respect the Jeep line when any American car "over there" might be called a "battlewagon". -Under all the sophisticated layers, some Germans probably still resent any US military product. Not only did they forsake the traditional Jeep rules of solid axles and rugged simplicity, they obviously ran out of styling ideas. All the ideas seemingly went to making use of superficial imagery rather than increasing the ruggedness and off road capabilities. It almost seems like the intended to permanently stain the Jeep line with the Compass' awkward looks on a Chrysler car chassis. What the... ? However, people who own them say good things about it's useful utility.

Now that they made the little Jeep big, I expect them to release a new small Jeep to jerk people around with planned obsolescence. Oh well. Marketing manure!

My local former Chrysler AMC Jeep dealer told me that when Daimler bought Chrysler, they let the AMC Jeep people go, and that the AMC people went to GM and the Jeep people went to Ford. (about when Chevy introduced their new seven main bearing inline six, and the Ford Escape appeared)

Now, a huge investment company has purchased Chrysler Jeep and Diamler is out. We might expect better changes?

AM General is still making the Humvee, from AMC's (Jeep) designs back in '85 -still the king of the mountain.

jeepsr4ever
09-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I think they took the ruggedness out of the jeep and made it a jeep looking exterior with minivan power and a sedan interior. I dont care much for the newer jeeps.

Mudrat
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
I think they took the ruggedness out of the jeep and made it a jeep looking exterior with minivan power and a sedan interior. I dont care much for the newer jeeps.
welcome to American General and the de-gutsing of the American Idol!!

The PIG Smith
09-27-2008, 06:09 PM
11 MPG! :?: I can get that with my J20 while towing
Same here.
It's sad the after all these years and the all these technology, the MPG has NOT gotten any better!

mrtazwrench
09-27-2008, 07:54 PM
11 MPG! :?: I can get that with my J20 while towing
Same here.
It's sad the after all these years and the all these technology, the MPG has NOT gotten any better!

I'd like to pop one of those ranger gear splitters in my 82 with the T18 and see what I get for mileage then.

Bulltear Ad