PDA

View Full Version : Best header gasket

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

warhammercustoms
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Whats the best/most reliable header gaskets to use on an 360?

I'm going with the Edelbrock shorty headers

Brand?

kris
09-23-2008, 08:52 PM
They recomend the FelPro #1434.

Ive been using them on stock manifolds and have good luck with them.

k.

warhammercustoms
09-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Thank you

Anyone else have an opinion?

kaelen
09-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I've been using the gaskets supplied by Edelbrock with the shorty headers for a couple of weeks now. So far they are working really good. No leaks. They seem like decient gaskets. I did have to retorque once after the first cycle, but after that they have been staying leak free.

Something to watch out for. The edelbrock headers don't have much "meat" around the ports compared to the stock manifolds. If the ports in the gaskets are too big you'll have leaks. I'd put the gaskets up to the headers before bolting up and make sure they'll seal well. The edelbrock gaskets fit the header ports perfectly.

I had that problem when I ran the engine on the dyno. I used the 3 piece gaskets that were supplied in the Fel-Pro kit. I didn't want to ruin the good gaskets on the dyno. The ports on the gaskets were a little big and they leaked some on the bottom.

Also don't forget plenty of antiseize on the bolts. Especially the ones to the exhaust pipes. We forgot to apply when bolted up to the dyno. Even after the short time the bolts were pretty tight.

jeepsr4ever
09-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I never used specific header gaskets oly the stock manifold gaskets.

donwag
09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Remflex. Used them with Eddy TES. Best I have ever used.

ironman_gq
09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
I have the Mr Gasket ones with the multilayer. I tried the copper ones and had zero luck with getting them to seal. they leaked worse than the leaky ones I was trying to replace.

kris
09-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I had that problem when I ran the engine on the dyno. I used the 3 piece gaskets that were supplied in the Fel-Pro kit. I didn't want to ruin the good gaskets on the dyno. The ports on the gaskets were a little big and they leaked some on the bottom.

FYI.

The number I gave above is the FelPro one piece blue header gasket, not the metalic 3 piece set that comes with the engine gasket sets...

k.

BREK
09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Remflex. Used them with Eddy TES. Best I have ever used.

x2. I have had the remflex gaskets in my amx for approximately 2 years now issue free.

Bulltear Ad