PDA

View Full Version : Loses oil pressure at idle...

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

csharrow
10-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I have an AMC360 and it seems that when it warms up it starts to lose pressure when it comes to idle. This usually always happens after I have been running on the highway for a bit and then exit off and come to a stop. The oil pressure will drop to zero unless I start to rev the engine back up.

When cold it has great oil pressure. And even if I let it warm up in my driveway it will have about 15-20psi just idling. I've only been able to get it to drop under 5psi a couple times. But I have stopped driving it for fear of breaking something.

Any ideas on where to start looking? Thanks

jeepsr4ever
10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
The first thing I would do is change oil and run a WIX/Napa gold filter and see if that bumps the pressure up. From there you can use new gears/midplate and possibly a new timing cover.

csharrow
10-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Alright, I know I already have a napa filter on there already, not sure if it's their gold one or not. But I will change the oil and put a gold one on there just for kicks to see what happens. And then obviously check the rest if that doesn't help.

It's never lost pressure as long as I have the rpms up though, it has about 45+psi at 2000rpms.

Thanks for the tips, I'll see what I can find

Bulltear Ad