PDA

View Full Version : PCV REROUTING

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

RAYMONDH
10-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I am sucking oil from the pcv valve. running a air gap intake. the edelbrock baffle is on but no valley pan gasket. So i do not want to remove the intake, can you just run a hose from the pcv directly down along the block to vent ? . or can i tap into the oil fill cap hose that goes to the stock aircleaner . Or just put a filter of some sort right on top of the pcv valve itself.

As you know i am sucking oil into the carb and i am looking for a simple cure besides tapping into the valve cover or removing the intake itself.

dwg86
10-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I had the same problem. I put the pvc in the valve cover and blocked off the pvc hole in the intake. No more problems.

kaelen
10-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I was having the exact same problem. Darn thing sucked up 1/2 quart in 100 miles! :shock:

I did the reverse PCV trick that I've seen people talk about.

Here's how I did it.

1. Went to Oreilys and bought a 3/4" chrome Mr Gasket breather filter. 3/4" is the size of the hole it fits..

1a. Purchase a package of copper scrubber pads from walmart.

2. Removed the PCV valve and grommet from the back of the intake.

3. Drilled out the hole in the PCV grommet to 3/4". Or you can try and find a 1" x 3/4" grommet.

4. Replace drilled grommet in intake. Place breather filter in grommet. May have to oil the grommet so it goes in.

5. Disconnect oil filler cap from air cleaner.

6. Attach a 2" long 1/2" PCV hose to the bottom of PCV valve. Connect PCV to filler cap.

7. Unroll a copper scouring pad and cut in half. Be sure to get all the little pieces.

8. Roll back up and place in oil fill tube.

9. replace filler cap and hookup PCV valve to carb.

I've been using this for the past 100 miles. Seems to work like a charm. No more sucking oil. I wasn't sure about running the PCV valve sideways. It seems to work ok. I like this as it is simple and doesn't require any major modifications.

ironman_gq
10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
you can also get an oil accumulator to go inline with your pcv and it will seperate the oil from the vapor being sucked out

Bulltear Ad