PDA

View Full Version : EVERY SINGLE EBAY HEI WILL DESTROY YOUR MOTOR

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
How the heck can guys sell these things with hardened steel gears for V8's and I6's? It absolutely floors me that "hardened steel gear" is a selling point. CRIPES :(:

Wrench Man
11-03-2008, 08:57 PM
It cost WAY! less to run the "DURASPARK" dizzy and an HEI modual with a GOOD coil!

rollen dean montoya
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
It cost WAY! less to run the "DURASPARK" dizzy and an HEI modual with a GOOD coil!
exactly!!!!!!
just because they have "hardened steel gears doesn't mean sh*t if the rest of the unit is a piece of junk.

ironman_gq
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I've been running an ebay hei for 2 years now with no problems :lo1l: :razz: I may be one of the lucky few who get away with it 111!!! now watch now that i said that ill have a catastrophic failure and wreck my motor #-o

rollen dean montoya
11-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I've been running an ebay hei for 2 years now with no problems :lo1l: :razz: I may be one of the lucky few who get away with it 111!!! now watch now that i said that ill have a catastrophic failure and wreck my motor #-o

DOH #-o #-o #-o #-o

jeepsr4ever
11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Must have been one of the early Cadillac conversions.

ironman_gq
11-04-2008, 01:51 PM
looks like a new unit. it doesnt seem to be welded and looks like the whole housing is one piece.

Wrench Man
11-04-2008, 08:36 PM
The Cadillac conversions are not welded, there is sufficient material to machine out of the Caddy unit, I made one but I didn't have the means to cut the shaft down and it got sent to a friend of a friend, and I never saw it again!???, then I learned that the modual is all that makes an ignition and the HEI modual is compatible with the Duraspark dizzy, and the Chrysler unit and most of the Jap crap too.
The ONLY! advantage of a "unit" HEI is that it's self contained, only two wires, power and tach.

ol' school power
11-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Duraspark dist w/ big cap, and a Mallory VI-AL keeps my Amboat in the 12's

Bulltear Ad