PDA

View Full Version : ECI 2009

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

casey
11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
7th annual ECI will be held 11-14 June 2009.

Same rules apply. Free camping, trail passes are $5 a day or $30 for the season.

If there is interest from vendors we're considering upping the scope of our permit to allow product sales.

More info soon. :t:

Oh and you heard it here, first! :!:

bowtieman55
11-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Group camp is booked! It's on like Donkey Kong!! :!:

7th Annual ECI - June 11th-14th 2009
Uwharrie National Forest - Troy, NC
Hosted by Carolina Full Size Jeep Club

Like previous years that the CFSJC has hosted the event, camping is FREE (Thurs. - Fri. - Sat.)! We return to the Badin Lake Group Camp for '09.

What do I need to bring?: Your FSJ, some camping gear or camper, and $5 a day for trail passes. A Season Pass is $30. These are National Forest Service Fees, and only required if your taking a vehicle on the trails. Most of us just buy them at "The Outpost", a gas station near the entrance to URE. If your FSJ aint runnin', bring what you can.
*Primitive (trail or roadside, no convenient facilities) camping is allowed in the forest for free as well. Many folks camp trailside throughout the year.

How difficult are the trails?: The trails at URE are mild to tough, nothing too wild, but there is a challenge for all rigs and driver skill. We take stock FSJs over most of the trails out there. Some of the harder trails have by-passes.

THERE IS A NO ALCOHOL POLICY IB THE NATIONAL FOREST, INCLUDING THE CAMPGROUND. This will be strictly enforced. If you are seen with alcohol you will be asked to put it away or leave the campground.
NO EXCEPTIONS!
Last year there were some issues with drinking that will not be tolerated again.
Drinking and driving on the trails is the same as drinking and driving on NC roads. The new LEO is a strict rule follower with a 0 tolerance policy. He WILL arrest you if found drinking and driving anywhere in the forest. He has the right to search vehicles, coolers and campsites. Please keep in mind that as an attendee you represent a sport that is already in danger, and the FSJ community.
It's a small sacrifice for a great weekend of wheeling and comraderie.

There will be a raffle again this year. We'll have more info on that as the date draws closer.
Previous years we have had donations from the likes of...

TT's Fabworks
BJ's Off-Road
Jake's FSJ Junkyard
Warn
B.F. Goodrich
4Wheel Parts (Raliegh)
...just to name a few

Mudrat
12-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Your kidding right!!! :shock: I haven't even had a chance to look at the 09 calender!!! #-o

Lifted79CJ7
12-12-2008, 07:58 PM
I think they mean that they have the site again, not that it is full. Then again, I could be 100% wrong. 111!!!

rollen dean montoya
12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
jack, you have been known to be mistaken. you forget we've met :mrgreen:

casey
12-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Your kidding right!!! :shock: I haven't even had a chance to look at the 09 calender!!! #-o
That just means we paid for it and the date is set. No changing anything...like last year. #-o

There will be plenty of room. :t:

Mudrat
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
That just means we paid for it and the date is set. No changing anything...like last year. #-o

There will be plenty of room. :t:
Whew!! Still not sure I can make it, but at least there is a date to work with. Didn't make the 2008 - I was in Japan http://smilies.vidahost.com/ups/dvx_rune/eye.gif

Bulltear Ad