PDA

View Full Version : 360 with edelbrock heads

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Labatttman
12-27-2008, 07:30 PM
I am building a '79 amc 360 to replace my 304 in my '77 cj7. This is what I have so far edl.performer rpm heads pt#60119, crane gold rockers, performer intake, cheep headers with cherry bombs, al6 ignition, msd pro bilet distributer, edl. performer plus cam pt#2132, holly 670 truck avenger, nickle plated timing cover and oil filter adapter, high flow water pump, and all the bolts and gaskets. For the bottom half I got a 79 360 bored 60 over. It's got less than 1000 miles on it. The crosshatching is clear and I gauged the cylinder; no egg shapping. The rebuild was done with stock hight pistons. I have not disassembled the rotating assembly to inspect the bearings. My Question is: what will my compression ratio be and what should I do to get at least 9.5:1 and also should I change the new bearings or rings from stock style. this is not a high rpm build

ironman_gq
12-28-2008, 03:23 PM
i think you only have one choice for bearing type. I would strip it down and check everything. make sure there is no or very little wear ridge at the top of the cylinder and check cylinder taper. replace all bearings and rings. get a good cam and lifters and break them in properly.

Labatttman
12-28-2008, 04:47 PM
As far as I can tell rod bearings are fairly basic. My concern is the main bearings. 1/2 grove vs full grove vs standard. Whats the difference? Whats the best for me?

Bulltear Ad