PDA

View Full Version : 360 re-build assistance

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

twmattox
01-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I am in the process of re-building an AMC 360 for my daily driver '88 Grand Wagoneer. Not looking for monster rebuild or anything like that. More of a strong lasting engine. In a lot of ways, I have debated a stock re-build (because it has lasted so long the way it is). I do know that I will be getting a slightly upgraded cam (similar to the performer cam). I will keep the stock 2v Motorcraft 2150 but will most likely upgrade the dizzy with the larger cap/rotor and e-core coil. Where I am hitting a wall is weather or not to do any of the oiling upgrades. On one hand this motor has lasted a very long time as it sits. On the other hand, would this mod really help it last longer? Any other things I should consider (that won't cost too much or be too difficult)?

Oh, while in the process of "baking" everything, everything was removed from the intake. Does anyone have a diagram/picture of a stock intake with what things go where (we forgot to take a picture prior to removal and can't remember where everything goes)...

ironman_gq
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
small hole pushrods or cam bearings but not both. make sure you use a good timing set and make sure all passages are clear

twmattox
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
What is the general thoughts on the intake valley oil mod or the one where you drill holes/enlarge passages in the oil pump and/or timing chain cover??? Those seemed "all the rage" a few years ago...

AMX69PHATTY
01-08-2009, 05:41 AM
No expert, but understanding is most oil mods are for sustained high rpm operation.

Bulltear Ad