PDA

View Full Version : SOLD - 1974 AMC 401 longblock, price adjusted - Detroit, MI

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

PavementPounder
02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
No exhaust manifolds. Has TH400 flexplate on it and includes the other items seen on it except for the intake and carb (factory valve covers, timing cover/water pump, balancer, fuel pump, hard fuel lines, etc). Its a 71-78 block casting with a late 1973 tag with the correct "Z" VIN code for the motor. Head casting matched valve cover tag dates (will post them) and are 58cc chambers. If you already have an AMC V8, everything else will transplant onto this one. However, I do have additional accessories available for extra (HEI's, non-AIR manifolds, PS brackets, etc).

It has been stored inside both before and after I got it. Very clean and non-gunky under the valve covers. A couple of the factory intake manifold heat shield rivets were found in the pan, but they did not appear to have caused any problems. I don't know what's been done to it on the inside, as it was going to be plenty of power regardless and I was going to install/run it exactly as-is. I'm working on getting my hands on an engine stand for inspection purposes, but I have no way to check anything else on it at this time.

The Edelbrock intake and carb shown have been sold and are not included.

$600. Available immediately. Cash, PayPal, or USPS Money Order only. No other money orders. First come, first served based on receipt of payment.

I will drive a reasonable distance to meet you for the asking price (into Ohio, perhaps Indiana, etc). Check with me on that first.

The only item I will accept against it in trade is a complete 77.5-79 Ford F-350 HPD60. They were also found under F-250 Sno-Fighters and Camper Specials. If you have one of those, check your axle for kingpins. Must be that application and year range only, as it is needed for a YJ.

SOLD.

amccar
02-07-2009, 07:17 PM
How far in Indiana would you be willing to go? I will be in indianapolis for the mopar meet the 8th of march.

PavementPounder
02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
How far in Indiana would you be willing to go? I will be in indianapolis for the mopar meet the 8th of march.

Probably Auburn, but I'm going to be at Ft. Bragg for a military school at that time.

PavementPounder
04-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Still have it.

PavementPounder
05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
1st post updated with new terms.

sanddollar
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
do you still have it if so when did you say you were coming to fort bragg would like to have it

PavementPounder
05-14-2009, 10:57 AM
do you still have it if so when did you say you were coming to fort bragg would like to have it

I still have it, but my trip to Ft. Bragg was back in the beginning of March.

sanddollar
05-14-2009, 11:01 AM
call me on the cell 9107406118 or i will call you need to know what it all comes with

PavementPounder
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
call me on the cell 9107406118 or i will call you need to know what it all comes with

It comes exactly as you see it, but with no intake (or intake parts), no carb, and the transmission bolts on the back of it are gone.

PavementPounder
05-14-2009, 09:17 PM
SOLD.

Bulltear Ad