PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Ports in front of block

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

fifesjeep
02-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Out of curiousity does anybody have an AMC V-8 block laying around? (Dumb question right 111!!! )
If so, I am looking for some measurements off of it...
Coolant Hole spacing center to center.
Diameter of coolant Holes.
Bolt Pattern just around the coolant holes.
Diameter of bolt holes.
Center to Center of bolt holes.
I'm in the process of brainstorming an idea and I think that it is highly capable and if it works then it'll be T!TS... lol.
If I were home in the states I'd take the measurements myself but I'm not so in the mean time I can only brainstorm and ask for guidance/assistance.

ironman_gq
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
are you talking about the holes that feed the water pump? or the ones in the intake?

fifesjeep
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM
The coolant holes in the front of the block... which feed the water pump etc. I am looking at making a custom mount to fit a HP electric water pump...
It would be nice if we had a Harmonic balancer or a Cam sensor that can sense the mechanical positioning or various magnectic signatures ie: per cylinder in the correct firing order so that we can eliminate the rotary distributor and minimize the majority of the bulk on the front of these motors. There has to be something out there... I have to do some serious research and see what I come up with... Imagine the majority of the bulk off from the front of these engines... lol. It'll be nothing but a couple of covers, some brackets for the pulleys, oil pumps, electric water pumps etc... Very clean.

ironman_gq
02-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I think there is a company already making electric water pumps for AMC.

Bulltear Ad