PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt engine oiling ?'s

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dustym
03-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I just finished rebuild # 2 for the jeep. 1st one had problems with pistons scoring cyclinder wall and skirts.
This did it on both engines, at start up idle it stays up around 60 or so. When engine is reved up it goes to 0 and when you let up it just flips back and forth then settles back up to around 60. New gears and new timing cover. I am thinking gauge is toast, but I do not want another problem. Also I have heard about using diesel oil in it for break in. I used a break in additive and then changed oil after it was first started. Since I changed oil should I use more break in or what about diesel oil?

BREK
03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
You can use either GM eos additive with your regular oil, but I would suggest either buying some of mc's oil or find a bradpenn oil dealer near you. My understanding is that diesel oil nolonger contains zddp?

ironman_gq
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I think it does but the new emission compliant stuff has much less of it. You could look into some race only oil which I think has a good dose of zinc phosphate or MC's oil which is found here for you already :lo1l:

ironman_gq
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
As for your pressure problems it could be your bypass opening up and sticking or your oil system sucking air somewhere like where the pickup tube screws into the block

tufcj
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I've seen that kind of pressure problem when the pickup screen is too close to the bottom of the pan. The suction sticks the pickup to the bottom of the pan. There should be about a 1/4" tall nylon button on the bottom of the pickup. If it's gone, you can weld a small nut or something on.

Bob
tufcj

Bulltear Ad