PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak :smile:

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
03-03-2009, 04:41 PM
OK,
Installed a fuel pressure regulator on the CJ a while back. Haven't had a chance to run the beastie until recently, and I have a leak :smile:

Whats there:
FPR
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/norm/aei-13201_m.jpg with a gauge of course.
It's all plumed with AN-6 Russell braided fuel line and all connected with Earl's o-ring sealed fittings.

After noticing the first leak, I've swapped o-rings and snugged them up, but how tight can I go - - - safely?

This is starting to piss me off since it's really near the driver side headder :shock:

The fuel pump isn't leaking, nor is the fuel filter, just the FPR???

The fuel filter:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sum-230104_w.jpg

Fix this and the E-brake and I'm off to the muffler shop!!!

ironman_gq
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
look on their site for a torque rating but with o rings you usually tighten em up snug and go maybe a half turn cause you dont wanna stretch or squeeze the rubber. too tight can make em leak too. Take it apart and look for scratches or damage to the fittings or the sealing parts where the o ring seals in the bore and on the fitting :sa:

Mudrat
03-04-2009, 06:41 PM
look on their site for a torque rating but with o rings you usually tighten em up snug and go maybe a half turn cause you dont wanna stretch or squeeze the rubber. too tight can make em leak too. Take it apart and look for scratches or damage to the fittings or the sealing parts where the o ring seals in the bore and on the fitting :sa:
Thanks, looked at the seats and replaced the o-rings just in case. Tried snug, +1/4, then 1/2 and i'm stretching on going further snce it's TIGHT already ... :-|

ironman_gq
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
is it just a slow drip or is something closer to a trickle or downpour? The fitting might somehow have gotten mixed up and the hose ends have the same thread but different seat style than the FPR and they arent sealing properly

ironman_gq
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
maybe put teflon tape on the threads to see if that will seal em

Mudrat
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
is it just a slow drip or is something closer to a trickle or downpour? The fitting might somehow have gotten mixed up and the hose ends have the same thread but different seat style than the FPR and they arent sealing properly
It's a pretty steady drip while the engine is running. I have the FPR set at 6 & 9 psi with no bybass line. But stil have theleak. I can't run the engine more that a few seconds while it's in the shop 9open headers) with the door closed (it's been below freezing this week).

ironman_gq
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Its been below freezing here for 4 months :oops: You get used to it. I go work on stuff in short sleeves when it hits 35 with the sun out. when it gets much below -10 its pretty cold to work on anything outside but then the sleds run the best so you just ride :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad