PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated :oops:

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
OK,
So I go to roll the CJ outta the shop, and it won't move :-|

Found the right front 'locked up'. Jacked it up, tire won't roll, removed the tire and put a 4' prybar on it, won't move. Pulled the hub assy apart and found the inner bearing was "josayed". Guess that explains the pull to the right :mrgreen: Or in military parlance it's AFU!! As in the inner bearing came apart and I scooped the rollers out with the grease :shock:

So, now I'm looking for parts for a Dana-44 that I thought was from a Waggy, but the numbers don't match the book nor do they match Nygords list of flat top knuckles :shock: The Jeep part CD pictures are really blurry (and yes, I'm wearing my glasses 8) ).

So, what I have is:
Pumpkin is a D44, no BOM data on the tubes or webbing???? What's up with that?!?!?!
Knuckles, flat top, High steer (look like a Chevy or FSJ dana 44) And by the way MC, the new Heims look MARVELOUS on that 1.5 DOM :!: I especially like the adjuster :t:
knuckle casting number of 636519 (or C36519?)
Nothing on the DISC brake, or rotor assy (really rusty and need blasting) has a 6 bolt mount to the knuckle.
Shaft is a 19 outter, 29 inner(?) Shouldn't that be 30 or 31???
inner seal 47(2?)71 (rusty and cann't get a clear look)
Inner race LM104910
Inner BRG LM104949 (this is the one I scooped the rollers out of the grease)
Outter BRG LM501(3 OR 9)49-N (BRG is blue from heat and hard to read.
Outter race LM5011310

Any help is appreciated!! :mrgreen:

Mudrat
03-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Should I also mention the HYANES for 1972-91 manual has been of no help??? 8)

jeepsr4ever
03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Those bearings were the same for many many .......many many years. Just ask for a 77 wagoneer...you cant go wrong :?:

ironman_gq
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
bearing numbers are sometimes brand specific and if your parts store has a different brand than what was in there the numbers might not match and their cross reference books arent always complete

fuzz401
03-24-2009, 05:28 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v153/fuzzgremlin/cj%20bearings/

ironman_gq
03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
NAPA lists them as a 77 waggy. just leave the prefix off the bearing number so your LM104949 would just be a 104949 NAPA's part number is PLM104949 for the same part. the prefix is usually brand specific

Mudrat
03-24-2009, 02:14 PM
All is good info, thanks.
Fuzz, thanks bro!! The list you provided indicates whomever replaced the bearings used a different race for the inner bearing than what the 'SET 38' indicates. Don't know if the difference between a 104910 and a 104911, but this is the bearing that came out in pieces :roll: But another page shows it correct for a different year (77RC-83) - so I'm still confused as to the year of this beast (supposed to be an 87 from what the PO told me??)

Now what's the casting number on the knuckle? Is it Chevy or Jeep, or ??? :oops: going to replace the ball joints and roller BRGs while I'm in there - just in case :wink:

A Google search on the casting number gets me some wierd stuff :?:

I mean really, what would YOU do with "CLARINS Retractable Lip Definer 09 Dusty Rose" on your hub :-| :!: :mrgreen: :?

tufcj
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
If you know it's a Dana 44, they all used the same ball joints, be it Jeep, Chevy, or Dodge. I do think the Fords were different (but so were the knuckles). Just tell them it was a 77 Wagoneer, you'll get the right ball joints.

Make sure you have the correct tool to tighten the top taper. If you don't install it right, the ball joints won't last.

The procedure is to install the bottom ball joint and torque to spec, then install the top taper and torque to 50 ft/lbs, then install the top nut and torque to spec.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
03-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks Bob,
I looked in the manual about this one. It looks like the ball joints are a press fit (I have a 20 ton shop press) and then just torq it down - bottom first then top - to spec??

tufcj
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Yep. Ball joints press into the knuckle. You need a piece of tube just slightly smaller than the diameter of the ball joint, you don't want to press directly on the bolt.

The taper in the top hole is threaded, you want to take it out. The new top ball joint should come with one. Here's the procedure my 74 Jeep TSM has.

Set the knuckle in place and torque the lower ball joint to 120 Ft/lbs.

Thread in the upper taper and torque to 50 ft/lbs. This requires a special socket. http://completeoffroad.com/c-59818-hub-spindle-ball-joint-tools.html

Tighten the upper ball joint nut to 100 ft/lbs.

The taper pre-loads the ball joints. If you don't get it right, they won't last long. The $20 socket is worth it.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
HOLY $HIT :shock:

WTF is up with THIS??? :shock: :(: :shock: :(: :shock: :(: :shock:

Sub Total $19.00
* Shipping --- free
Handling $10.95
*** Total $29.95 8)

To pull a 5/8" sized socket out a of bin and drop it in a frigg'n box??? :shock: :shock:

Needless to say I canx'ed the order - that's out f'kng ragous!!

I'll buy a cheap socket and cut to suit for $2!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

edit: sorry my bad, it's a 3/4 socket and I have an old one that's "going under the knife" :lo1l: (ok, band saw and die grinder) :mrgreen:
Can't wait for a certain MACHINIST to get back off deployment =D>

fuzz401
03-26-2009, 06:15 AM
is the sleeve socket the same thing for a MD 30 rear?

tufcj
03-26-2009, 07:03 AM
It's the same as a Dana 30 front. As a matter of fact, the Dana 30 and 44 use the same ball joints. I bought mine years ago for my CJ.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM
It's the same as a Dana 30 front. As a matter of fact, the Dana 30 and 44 use the same ball joints. I bought mine years ago for my CJ.

Bob
tufcj
Well I have one or two of those here as well, but $amn!! Free shipping but almost $11 for "handling"!! 111!!!

Yeah - I know:
If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford

fuzz401
03-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I have the socket 8) 8) 8)

Mudrat
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I have one now too 8) Carved up the junker socket, now all I need to do is find the right socket for the frigg'n nut (bigger than 1 1/4, smaller than 1 1/2 and I can't find my 'tween sizes?? :-| to losen the BJ.

Think about having the right tool :-| One that fit's a nut to loosen your BJ ... it would be WAAAAAAAYYYYY good right now #-o :?:

ironman_gq
03-26-2009, 10:50 PM
I used an 18 inch crescent wrench when I did a buddies ball joints

Mudrat
03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I used an 18 inch crescent wrench when I did a buddies ball joints
Tried an 18" pipe wrench (adjusted correctly) - was afraid I was going to pull the Jeep off the jack stand!!! Found the right socket at Northern Tool for the impact wrench today :t:
tomorrow - the AIR TOOLS!!!! :mrgreen:

Like I told Fuzz on the phone, whomever put this axel together didn't know what the &uck they were doing!! It took the spindle nut socket and about 250+ pounds of impact hammer to get the outter nut loose!! They had jacked this thing so tight the slotted washer was starting to thread and the pin on the inner nut was sheared off (might have been part of the problem with the outter bearing coming out in pieces and the race being a perd'y shade of blue??)

Next is the diff - if they can't assemble a wheel bearing right- I doubt the locker is set right. (the rear wasn't too bad though?) And I'm hoping the cost of buying and rebuilding somebody's elses 44 is STILL going to be less than a new one (or a D60FF) :oops:

We'll see . . . :-|

Oh, did I mention the 5 nuts holding the brake caliper mount on weren't even tightened down? 111!!! THAT is the cause of a total rebuild. The dumb ba$tards who "built" this axle got one over on me. A$$ hole!!! :(: If I could find his e-mail or phone number we would have a discussion - but my hard drived crashed and I lost all that ::evil:

ironman_gq
03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
some people just dont have the patience to do it right. I tell people all the time when they ask to help that I rather do it by myself cause if I screw it up I cant blame anyone but myself and my own stupidity :oops:

76-cj7
03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
5 nuts holding on the brake caliper mount????? Should be 6 for GM, jeep and dodge....ford used 5 nuts to hold the spindle on....you sure you ain't got ford from the knuckle out?????

Mudrat
03-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Guess I forgot to mention - 1 nut was missing :oops: 6 studs, 5 nuts and not all of them run down to the brake plate.

Got it sandblased yesterday, beat the rust out & straightend the flange, then welded 'fingers' back down and fixed up some holes, blasted it again then gave it 2 coats of rust preventive paint. when I get the ball joints replaced and the knuckle painted I can reasemble. I've got the rotor, knuckle and spindle soaking in degreaser :wink:

Today was fantastic (78* & sunny) but I took my sister up to visit the man-child at college and have luch at his favorite Tai place :t: The only thing I was able to do today was the second coat of paint and replace a worn and leaking air hose coupling :smile:

fuzz401
03-30-2009, 06:35 AM
1 nut was missing 6 studs, 5 nuts and not all of them run down to the brake plate

1 nut missing = mudrat :t: :t: 8)

Mudrat
03-30-2009, 04:05 PM
1 nut missing = mudrat :t: :t: 8)
Hell they were both cut in 1990 8) But on the Jeep, yeah, just one missing :mrgreen:

Mudrat
03-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Now it gets better.
Went to punch the ball joints out and put almost 20 tons on the upper, and it ain't moving!!! When I get some time this weekend, I'll break out 'the heater' and try putting a couple thousand degrees on it!! :oops:
Still frustrated, I'm still hoping to have it ready to run by the IFSJA meet in June - The April run in Florida is out :smile:

ironman_gq
03-31-2009, 09:32 PM
heat it up and spray it with PB blaster and let it sit for a night or two. do these balljoints use the snap rings? make sure they dont cause those will cause a lot of problems.

Mudrat
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Only snap ring I've found is the bottom ball joint and it looks like it's used just for a depth setting, not holding anything.
:-|
The upper joint is the same way, snap ring on the outside of the 'C' as a depth gauge. I did notice when I finally got the knuckle off, it looked like the upper joint was canted 1-2*. My first attempt was to press it back in and try and straighten it, but it didn't move in either 111!!!

Guess I'll need to take some pix ... :idea:

Mudrat
04-01-2009, 03:36 PM
HEAT!! Lots and lots of heat - the 20 ton press, and a 3# hammer 8)
Ball joints are out =D>

Now to clean'm up, toss some paint on'm and put this side back together!!

Lifted79CJ7
04-01-2009, 08:30 PM
:lo1l: :!:

Mudrat
04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
OK, the knuckle had been beade blasted, cleaned, painted and installed (looks GOOD!)!! Now it seems my 'parts' are different than the Chiltons, Haynes and TSM - I'm begining to wonder which D44's these are :oops: I have the repair manuals (all makes AMC to Zepher) from 55 to 83 and the Haynes Jeeps books from 45 to 75 and the TSM for the 80-93 CJ's and YJ's, and there ain't noth'n matching #-o :-|

Need to R&R the spindle bearings and there are "different" parts removed than the manuals state. Back at it tomorrow ... :wink:

Mudrat
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Finally got a chance to get the rotor down to the brake shop - he won't turn'm because of the rust pits - yeah their ugly, but didn't think they were that bad!!!

So the search is on for replacement disc brake rotors. I like the ones at SSBC (http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/brakefinder/?make=JEEP&model=GRAND%20WAGONEER%2C&engine=5%2E9L%20%2F%20GAS%20%2F%20CARB%20%2F&year=1986&cat=Front%20Brakes&sub=Rotors%20%26%20Pads), but NOT for $290.00 (just the rotors!) :shock: But they are slotted and cross drilled :wink: BUT $110.00 for replacement pads?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
There's a pair of OEMs on EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-1986-GM%2fJeep-Wagoneer-Disc-Brake-ROTOR-SET,dana-44_W0QQitemZ250410273427QQcmdZViewItem) for $44.00

The search is just starting for new rotors - but *crap* again and really nasty curses on the A$$hole that got over on me :(:

Mudrat
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
W-AILLLLLL the saga continues ....

Got some time to reassemble the parts, it was a real B1TCH to get the spindle in. After the rubber dead blow, I took the air wrench to the studs and then went to get the rotors turned - 3 shops said no, too pitted. So I ordered new ones (EBay $44 for the pair =D> ). I took today off to finish bead blasting the hub and parts and reassemble - something wasn't right - WAY to muich force to get parts to fit (especially the spindle into the 'C') 111!!! .

So now I find the outer 'C' is "BENT" :shock: Don't know if it was the pressure needed to extract the ball joints, the heat added to make that happen or a combination, but when I seated the brake caliper, spindle, and tried to get the rotor/hub assy on, it didn't fit right. Not to mention there is no room for a grease zerk with the axle in there 111!!!

Took the hub off and looked at how the spindle and the backing plate was 'seated' and it's not flush with the knuckle :shock: Top and bottom there is better than 3/32" between the brake support and the spindle, the sides are tight. :(:

"Ready to run" my ass!!!! These frigg'n axles are costing me time and $$$$ Not looking good for the FSJ Invasion right now - I'll be in FL for a month between now and then :smile:

tufcj
05-09-2009, 08:52 AM
There's NEVER room for a zerk in the upper ball joint. They usually include a plug with new ones for that reason. Once the ball joint is installed, put in the zerk, fill with grease, then swap in the plug. THEN you can install the axle shaft.

Don't know how it could have warped, even with heat. That's pretty stout cast steel.

Keep working at it, I'm sure you'll get it solved.

Bob
tufcj

fuzz401
05-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Rat you hurry up and get it done you and the 360 could be doing this also 8)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fuzz401/cj%20drag%20racing/4-24-2009cecil.jpg

Mudrat
05-16-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm in FL for the next month - won't even see my Heep :smile:

fuzz401
05-16-2009, 05:40 PM
11.85@108.63/11.87@107.87 8) 8) :? :?

fifesjeep
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Pat,

Here is a quick run-down with your knuckle. Don't mind the pics, some are Fuzzy. :oops:

Here is a Picture of the second Seized stud. Man, I tried like He!! to get it out... but, I only ended up breaking my vice #-o
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment32.jpg

Stud has been cut and drilled. After this pic I stepped up the bits until there was barely any material remaining and then I was able to use a scribe to pull the rest of the stud out. 111!!!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment13.jpg

Stud has been removed and drilled to size. Notice on the second hole how the material has been lifted, you can see the witness ring. :shock:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment23.jpg

Another pic of the hole only difference is that it's chamfered.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment22.jpg

Hole has been tapped and the insert installed. The second hole has been drilled and chamfered.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment12.jpg

Second hole has been tapped and is ready for the Keensert.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment3.jpg

Both Keenserts have been installed and NOW you're ready to rock. (When is the working party meeting up) 8)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment1.jpg

A top picture of the Keenserts installed. Notice the witness ring is gone :t:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/GetAttachment2.jpg

So, there it is Pat... She's ready and waiting for your approval...

Rich

Mudrat
08-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Damn man!!! LOOKS GREAT!! :t: :t:

What time to you usually get to work on the ship? I can meet you in the PKG lot or buy you a bottle of water in the office, or I think I have an apple juice left!! :t:

And I am taking this weekend off so any time you want to come by, please do - and I have stronger stuff than water in my shop :razz:
Matt - if you tell me your comming down I'll find some original Ouzzo!! :!: :t: :razz: :razz:

Oh and just took the truck to the shopt to see WTF tossed that code yesterday 111!!! #-o

fifesjeep
08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll be over that way I'm guessing around noon-thirty tomorrow... :idea:
I might be able to swing by this weekend and lend a hand with the axle... You might have to pm me your addy again..... I'm pretty sure it's out in the Excursion... but, just in-case. :-|

Mudrat
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
I'll be over that way I'm guessing around noon-thirty tomorrow... :idea:
I might be able to swing by this weekend and lend a hand with the axle... You might have to pm me your addy again..... I'm pretty sure it's out in the Excursion... but, just in-case. :-|
PM sent :t:

fifesjeep
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Did you get her installed yet? If so, where's the pics? :mrgreen:

Mudrat
09-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Negative - getting home after 1800 this week I just didn't feel like working in the shop. I need to pick up a 9/16 tap and clean the threads. I tried screwing in one of the new studs and could only get about 3 threads in before binding. I want to clean them ALL up before I screw the pooch again. It'll get done this weekend. Need to get the trailer in for inspection this weekend too, which means I have to unload the Waggy before going to the inspection station :oops:

Also need to get a new archery target and start practicing for deer season :t:

fifesjeep
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
I completely understand. As for those threads, they should be good because I ran a tap down them... I'm wondering if the studs are in question... But, I do have a die nut and tap you can use... :t:
Deer season... Man, I haven't been deer hunting in :-| .... Well, in long time... I've been in 10 years and I can only think of one time since entering the service #-o ... Sad times the more I think about it.... :smile:

Mudrat
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Need to check my tap collection, I thought I had one but couldn't find it the other night. Studs are hardend and wrapped in plastic sleeves. Really kinda surprised I couldn't get past 3 threads with my fingers 111!!!

As for the venison - need to see how this season goes. I got registered for an "all-you-can-shoot" hunt in Nov. The place is over ridden with deer and they have 4 days a season that are this way. I sat on the phone 45 minutes wating to make reservations and I got 1 day out of 4. Go figure. 111!!! But what my buddy said, he culled 4 of them a day in '07, with a bow!! I have one now. I just need to learn how to shoot it better :oops:
Then there is the rifle season up near "West-by-God-VA" over Thanksgiving. Told the guys in Philly not to f*ck with those days or I would just change locations :mrgreen:
We just need snow, not that 60*, windy crap we had a couple years ago :smile:

Had Elk chili for lunch today :t: (Tennessee Elk) - my partner there in the office brought in a couple GALLONS for the whole shop!!!

fifesjeep
09-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Let me know about the tap/die situation as I have a few kicking around the garage... I know that those 9/16"-18 holes are good... If anything, there might be residual debris in the threads... If the tolerances are tight any little amount of dirt/debris will cause headaches. Those studs are 9/16"-18? :idea: ...
Deer and Elk is really good. My Aunt and Uncle make Elk jerky every year... :!:

fifesjeep
09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Pat,

I went to P-N-P and somebody already snatched those perfect light tan leather waggy seats... #-o
The lady said they go for $25 a pop... and seeing there's a 1/2 off sale going on somebody scored those three seats for $35 :shock:

Mudrat
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Thought you had duty today? I'd have gone with you :idea:
Crap :smile: Oh well ... did you grab the hood & rear cover?

Got to working on the Heep, after cleaning the house, oil change & air filter cleaning in the Dodge, cuting the grass and practicing with the bow :t:

The Knuckle is back on, but... (click pic for larger pic)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/th_Repaired-1.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/?action=view&current=Repaired-1.jpg)

And I cleaned the stud pockets really, really good since I couldn find my 9/16 tap and Lowes doesn't carry taps any more :oops:

I still can only get the studs 3-4 threads into the sockets :-|

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/th_Repaired-2.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/?action=view&current=Repaired-2.jpg)

fuzz401
09-05-2009, 05:39 PM
9/16-18 fine thread?

Mudrat
09-05-2009, 05:42 PM
9/16-18 fine thread?
dunno - is that considere d'fine thread' for a 9/16 stud? Both socket and stud are the same pitch. :shock:

fifesjeep
09-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Thought you had duty today? I'd have gone with you :idea:
Crap :smile: Oh well ... did you grab the hood & rear cover?
I went yesterday. The Hood is still there I totally forgot about it :oops: Somebody... Whomever removed the seats jacked the rear cover up... #-o

The Knuckle is back on, but... (click pic for larger pic)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/th_Repaired-1.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/?action=view&current=Repaired-1.jpg)

And I cleaned the stud pockets really, really good since I couldn find my 9/16 tap and Lowes doesn't carry taps any more :oops:

I still can only get the studs 3-4 threads into the sockets :-|

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/th_Repaired-2.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/?action=view&current=Repaired-2.jpg)

I'm pretty sure the 9/16-18 taps are NF.... The studs aren't metric are they? :wink: J/K

Check your threads with a thread pitch gauge and then measure the outside diameter of the studs with your dial caliper, let me know what you get.

Mudrat
09-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's 9/16 and since you tapped them, you know they are!! And Lowes, Home Depot, Sears and Northern don't carry tap/dies that size - unless you want to buy a full $129 kit at Sears :shock:

I cleaned the crap out of them again and spun the studs in without too much effort. Took the wrench, but didn't thread the lock nut - so not difficult.

So, as I was fitting it all back together ...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/th_IMG00098.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/?action=view&current=IMG00098.jpg)

Found the next problem ...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/th_IMG00096.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/Knuckle%20damage/?action=view&current=IMG00096.jpg)

ARRRRRGGGHhhhhhhh :(:

The spacer, once installed, is wider than the knuckle and won't allow the brake plate to fit. Just said f*@k it and odered the arms from Ballistic fab - they're having a Labor day sale :!:
More delay, but I can work the brake MC issue I guess :-|

Going to go practice with the bow and have a few beers :razz:

fifesjeep
09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Nooooo man... I could've machined that and saved you $$$... #-o

Mudrat
09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you could and you did a hell of a great job on the Kenserts!! :t:
I'm just getting pissed off at this thing. I want to get it on the road and I'm tired of dealing with crap that's not 'supposed' to happen!!! This is basically a rebuild (with additions) - so why did AMC screw things up so badly?? No forethought??

Still have the brake issue and the tranny to sort out and maybe then I can get it out of the shop. Bad thing is, tomorrow is my last day off for the month!!!! ](*,)

fifesjeep
09-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you could and you did a hell of a great job on the Kenserts!! :t:
I'm just getting pissed off at this thing. I want to get it on the road and I'm tired of dealing with crap that's not 'supposed' to happen!!! This is basically a rebuild (with additions) - so why did AMC screw things up so badly?? No forethought??

Still have the brake issue and the tranny to sort out and maybe then I can get it out of the shop. Bad thing is, tomorrow is my last day off for the month!!!! ](*,)

What's not supposed to happen? :idea: It's a Jeep, everything (good and bad) is supposed to happen :?

Seeing that I'm wrapping up most of the small stuff on my Dirty Shagg'n Wag'n I'll have a little free time on my hands... Plus my wife is fricken... well, I'm sure you can draw a conclusion to what comes next... :roll:

Anyway, Let me know if you need a hand... trust me, I know what it's like to be a one man crew and then want things done only to have to wait due to schedules or unexpected "things" popping up... :smile:

Slowly but surely she'll be on the road... remember, you owe me a ride... lol :!:

Mudrat
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
... remember, you owe me a ride... lol :!:
No problem - - when it gets aback on the road. 8)

fifesjeep
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
So what's on the agenda for the Jeep in the next month? If you need a helping hand Pat... You have my number.

In a week I am picking up some axles (D60/FF14) from JERSEY JOE... I'm getting rid of the other axles taking up space in the garage... :!: Next is the CJ/YJ Tub... $300 and it's gone...

Mudrat
09-08-2009, 07:04 PM
So what's on the agenda for the Jeep in the next month? If you need a helping hand Pat... You have my number.

In a week I am picking up some axles (D60/FF14) from JERSEY JOE... I'm getting rid of the other axles taking up space in the garage... :!: Next is the CJ/YJ Tub... $300 and it's gone...
For the CJ,
Brake adaptors, bleed brakes, finish the high steer, add on the stabilizer, and probably need to swap out the T-5 for something heavier to handle the motor, either the 727 sitt'n here or the 465. I have the P-Plate & flywheel or the 727 and flexplate. Would like to keep the 300 twin stick since I just rebuilt it with the terra low kit, then it's drivable again. Afterwards I can finish the cage. :-)
You got duty this weekend? We can go snag the wag hood and whatever else you need and get this puppy rolling :t:

Mudrat
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah, I gotta drag the trailer down and get it inpected. :oops: Means I gotta take the Wag off it first 111!!! It's all winch power

fifesjeep
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I have duty tomorrow and sunday...

Brake adapters shouldn't be an issue :t: I have some on my rig that I'm not going to use... :idea:

Mudrat
09-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I have duty tomorrow and sunday...

Brake adapters shouldn't be an issue :t: I have some on my rig that I'm not going to use... :idea:
That would be sweet!

Bulltear Ad