PDA

View Full Version : ignition system

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

killahxft_jeep
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
what is everyone running for ignition systems? my HEI unit is not up to par (want ball bearings top & bottom) I've been looking at the mallory units. or MSD billet units.. of course this will be including an external coil & ignition box.

ironman_gq
04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I have HEI and love it. very reliable and easy to fix, if it has power and dont work its either the module or the coil and both are cheap and plentiful at any parts store. If it dont have power, check the fuse and then make sure your switch is working, you can always connect direct to battery but that make stopping the engine a little inconvenient :t:

tufcj
04-15-2009, 07:17 AM
I have a Mallory Unilite in both the CJ and AMX. The CJ has been in close to 15 years and 60K miles. The only problem I've had is the mechanical weights got sticky a couple of years ago. Cleaned, lubed, and been fine since.

Bob
tufcj

BREK
04-15-2009, 08:44 AM
I have had a mallory unit in my amx since I bought the car (who knows how loong it was there before that). It has been completely trouble free.

CJim7
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Annnd...I'll cover TFI. :wink:
I've run the Ford Ignition on 6 cyls and on my 401 and I love it. Simple, basic replacement to upgraded parts. It gets rid of a lot of Jeep ignition issues and provides more power, torque, and mileage.

Bulltear Ad