PDA

View Full Version : OK, GM gets 30 BILLLION

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
06-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Another $30Billion for GM (over $170 Billion total?) to save something like 50k jobs? And Government Motors is now 60% a federal organization. The Feds can't keep thier own books and now they "own" the controlling interest in an auto company?? Chrysler bought by Fiat, and Ford? Please stay the course.
What's next? Korea and Iran as nuclear powers? OH SHIT, that's already happend too!!!

So the Fed are going to make cars - the Feds also control the IRS, we're all in trouble!!! Have you read all 54,846 pages of the US Tax Code?? (http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3063) (2003 figure).

We have 2 wars going on now and Korea is saying "Screw you" we're going to develop the ability to Nuke the US!! We are issueing a 'strong letter' in response. Iran has developed weapons capable of taking out the entire Persian Gulf, they too are saying "Screw You". And we have issued a 'strong letter' of protest. The $ollar ain't worth squat anymore and China has issued a statement not to dishonor 'our' money (China owns the majority of US debt -$1.4 TRILLION. Which brings up a plethora of import/export issues.), and we're saying, according to Geithner (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31027066/) (the head Fed), "As we recover from this unprecedented crisis, we will cut our fiscal deficit, we will eliminate the extraordinary government support that we have put in place to overcome the crisis," Which he said in a speech to students at Peking University which Geithner attended nearly three decades ago.” [ok that's scary to start with - OUR head money guy, The Fed, attended a Chinese University? Brain washed??????] But still, when he said that, the Peking U students laughed at him. Why do I think he's basically saying, "No problem, I'm from the government and am here to help." 8) OK, so I think he's lying out his a$$.
At no time in history has the government backed off subsidies and pay-outs (welfare etc...), they've only combined agencies and programs while INCREASING their budgets. BOTH sides of the political floor are to blame not just the communists in charge now. It's time to change-out all those "people" that are NOT doing the will of "We the People."

Vote the a$$holes out and the Constitution back in this fall.

Don't think so? Read the RUSSIAN press, THEY (PRAVDA of all groups) are telling all of us we are speeding to Communist rule faster than the Russian Revolution of 1917 (ousting the Tzar and installing Lennin!!)! OBTW, 'Pravda' means "Truth" in Russian, and was the preeminent (read government controlled) paper under communist rule.

Oh, and to top that off, with all the lay offs, bankruptcies, unemployment, etc... the President and first ladies "date" to New York this weekend cost us, the US Taxpayer, how much? (consider the 3 planes for him and "The Press" [estimated at $24,000] then the Air Force-1 Helo ride bringing the 'daters' (and select press corps) to Manhatten to document this historic boondoggle, dinner and tickets no biggie there, he bought. Then add up all the secret service saleries, shutting down New York streets for the 'motorcade' (he didn't take a taxi from the helo!!!) and the rest of it. And "We The People" paid for him to take the 'ol lady out. And, if you look at the pictures, she was trashed when she came 'home to the Peoples House'!! Hope he got a little after all that, I know I felt it in my taxes.)

Yeah, spread the wealth - as long as it's not his ... (or hers).

rollen dean montoya
06-01-2009, 06:50 PM
there goes the neighborhood(i mean the nation) #-o

dwloop
06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Yep... Hope everyone got the change they were looking for! Especially all those voters that were working for GM and Chrysler that vote the union line... Alot of good that did them... :sa:

This is the worst boondoggle I have ever seen in my years. Everything he has touched has went to crap and the media is loving it.

I hope Ford can hold the line, at least we will have one US car company making a car that is going to be larger than a lawn mower. Has anyone heard were Jeep (not that they have been Jeeps in a long time) is going to land? Are they?

I heard today that Hummer will be sold to Chinese company... #-o

mrtazwrench
06-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't care for ford, but I'm not going to support government motors. #-o

AMX69PHATTY
06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
LETTER FROM THE BOSS:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me, since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go. So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found six 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go.

I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.
They voted for change, I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

:t:

Mudrat
06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
LETTER FROM THE BOSS:

Classic :t:

Yeah, China bought the Hummer line. I do believe that means all of the American General products, of which are the up-armored Hummers, some of the Bradly fighting vehicles and the multi-fuel engines used in a lot of other vehicles, we've got deployed around the world. Clinton gave them a spy plane and Obama has given them ground force capabilities #-o 111!!! I suspect they will be covered in lead based paint among the other contaminates and 'fruits' of China. Wonder if the FORMER General Motors weapons group has gone on the acution block and we haven't heard about it? A lot of the 5" guns we have on ships were made by GM. :-| :roll:

mrtazwrench
06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
LETTER FROM THE BOSS:

Classic :t:

Yeah, China bought the Hummer line. I do believe that means all of the American General products, of which are the up-armored Hummers, some of the Bradly fighting vehicles and the multi-fuel engines used in a lot of other vehicles, we've got deployed around the world. Clinton gave them a spy plane and Obama has given them ground force capabilities #-o 111!!! I suspect they will be covered in lead based paint among the other contaminates and 'fruits' of China. Wonder if the FORMER General Motors weapons group has gone on the acution block and we haven't heard about it? A lot of the 5" guns we have on ships were made by GM. :-| :roll:

May have to do some research, but I read on another forum that GM bought just the civilian hummer from AM General, and nothing to do with the Military version.

Freighttrain
06-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Nah,the AM General Products have NOTHING connected with GM other than parts.GM bought the completed Hummers(which are HMMVWs in tuxidos) from AM General and put their stickers on it.

Mudrat
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Didn't know that, thanks Train.

dwloop
06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
As far as I could see the commercial Hummer has nothing in common with the HumV the military uses. Looks like GM stuck a different body on a Yukon frame and called it good....

mrtazwrench
06-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Penske to make a deal for saturn, I'll post a link if I find one.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/05/news/companies/saturn_penske/index.htm?postversion=2009060509

dwloop
06-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, at least that would be a US company!!

ironman_gq
06-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I think the civvy versions of the Hummer are similar to the military except for the equipment in them and the engine package and the paint otherwise most of the hummer features are available on the civvy version ( independent susspension, air up/down, diesel)

Bulltear Ad