PDA

View Full Version : carb. adjustments

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

donald
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I have a 360 with a Holley 600 4010 series carb. I just got done putting a rebuild kit it it. With the Jeep sitting still she runs great but as soon as I put it in gear she wants to bog down and it starts spittering almost like there is not enough fuel going to the motor. Is there any kind of load adjustments on this carb? Or how would I get this dialed in.

ironman_gq
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
If its doing it at Idle you should try to richen up the idle screws a little Put a vaccuum gauge on it and tune it that way aim for the highest vaccuum reading possible

donwag
06-22-2009, 08:09 AM
May not be a carb problem. Check your wiring, maybe you moved something while replacing the carb and you have a short to ground.

What kind of Jeep? What kind of ignition system?

brokenjeeper
06-22-2009, 11:53 AM
This happened to me recently. Long frustrating story short: my fuel tank had rusted inside and as the pump drew fuel the particles would eventually clog the inlet screen on the sending unit. The engine ran fine at idle, but shortly after driving it would become fuel starved as the screen clogged up. Shut it down and messed with various things and the particles would fall back off unclogging the screen for awhile. Finally found it when I installed an electric pump and was using it to empty the tank in order to drop it. After getting about 5 gls of fuel, it stopped pumping. Figuring the tank was empty, I dropped it only to find 5 gls. still in the tank and a rust clogged pick up screen.

Bulltear Ad