PDA

View Full Version : Started the cold blood B!@$H

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

fifesjeep
06-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Did a little tweaking and still have a lot more to do but she fired up... she's cold blooded. I need to get rid of that electric choke... :oops: The fast idle gets her warm real quick... Once warm she idles good... Does anybody have a link on how to convert an electric choke to a manual?...
she's running on 101 octane... but, She'll run off of 93 octane... :wink:
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Fifesamcjeep82/?action=view&current=100_1091.flv
Is anybody able to view this? For some reason I can't... :-|

Lifted79CJ7
06-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Looks and sounds great, man!

fifesjeep
06-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks and sounds great, man!
Well, there wasn't much to see as it was dark as hell in there... She's basically torn apart... The tub is off and I am currently making a dual mount tranny/t-case skid...
The engine is pretty sound... I'm thinking about another cam, something with a little more duration and over-lap... and I am thinking about yanking the 1.7 Harland Rollers and going with the 1.6's....

Lifted79CJ7
06-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Or when in doubt, just use a 6-71 instead. That might add at least 8 HP....

:lo1l:

fifesjeep
06-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Or when in doubt, just use a 6-71 instead. That might add at least 8 HP....

:lo1l:
If one would show up at my door free of charge... I would use it... :sa:

rollen dean montoya
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
sounds awesome bro!!!!!!

fifesjeep
07-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks man... i think I found a way to rid that carb of the electric choke... I'm running a 670 street avenger w/electric choke... I had a 750cfm but figured I didn't need it seeing that I won't be going all out...
This Jeep is on hold... most likely it'll be on the chopping block... as tomorrow I go and purchased a lifted 82 Waggy (body and suspension) that runs & drives..... $700... sits on 35" swampers and nice aluminum rims... there's body rust but I am picking up a millermatic 35 which should do just fine for the body work as well as brackets... I'm looking to do full bottom skids, partial exoskelton cage... full internal cage... I'll be yanking the stock 360/th400/np208 and tossing the built goodies in the waggy...
Built 360/TH350/Ford NP205 and 1 ton axles...

Mudrat
10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
... most likely it'll be on the chopping block... as tomorrow I go and purchased a lifted 82 Waggy (body and suspension) that runs & drives..... $700... sits on 35" swampers and nice aluminum rims... there's body rust but I am picking up a millermatic 35 which should do just fine for the body work as well as brackets... I'm looking to do full bottom skids, partial exoskelton cage... full internal cage...
Sorry, that won't fit in your shop. Sell it to me :t: I'll even trade you the YJ if you toss some cash in the deal :?

OH yeah, I still need some parts for my Wag :oops: My schedule got worse and I may not be able to go hunting this year and have to carry the 6 weeks vacation over - again.

fifesjeep
10-15-2009, 07:54 AM
It fits... Barely. Or should I say I greased her in :oops:
The CJ is almost gone... All that basically remains in the garage is the frame, hood, poison spyder full-width outboard kit, the grill, windshield frame, some clutch parts, the seats and brackets...
The Waggy is pretty much gutted inside the dash is pulled out (for the Ammeter by-pass), the engine bay is being re-wired... Tomorrow I'll place the order for my driveshaft, this weekend runs some new brake lines upfront... get the custom cut headlight adapters, covers and grill :!:
So are you saying that you want the waggy or the CJ... 8)
Man, that schedule of yours is 111!!!
What parts do you need for your Waggy? I'm heading to the yards this weekend...

Mudrat
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
What parts do you need for your Waggy? I'm heading to the yards this weekend...
Really just the rear gate panel and carpet, and TIME!! I can make the panel, but matching carpet is tough. I need to pull the engine and rebuild it. I'm sure there will be small parts like the electric window stuff. Those cherry leather seats (in tan) would have been awesome, but oh well...

And for the CJ, need the brake adaptors :-|

The YJ is still on the chopping block. Only 13K on the clock since rebuild if you know somebody.

fifesjeep
10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
And for the CJ, need the brake adaptors :-|
:shock: Man, I totall forgot! #-o I'm on it this weekend... Just shoot me an email/pm for a reminder as I have a lot going on this Saturday but towards the later part of the day it should be slow.

The YJ is still on the chopping block. Only 13K on the clock since rebuild if you know somebody.
How much are you asking for it?

Mudrat
10-16-2009, 07:22 AM
How much are you asking for it?[/quote]
$20K

Seriously, $5K and it's out the door. The sterio in it has a removable face plate and remote control too :lo1l:

If you stop by the Pick-n-Pull, and they have a Wag with a hood, need that too.

fifesjeep
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
aye

Bulltear Ad