PDA

View Full Version : Billet U-joint Caps

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

fifesjeep
08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
So there I was... In my garage and waiting for the engine paint to dry... Being Half bored and half buzzed from Yuengling I decided to dig threw some old papers. I stumbled upon one of my old "To Do List"... and Half way down this list I had wrote machine U-joint Caps from billet aluminum/SS...
I was thinking :shock: (Dangerous I know)... why not toss this idea out to BULLTEAR... SO, here it is...
Billet HD U-joint Caps...
here is a link of what I am talking about... (ONLY WITH BULLTEAR LOGO ON IT)...
http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-21/Moroso-U-dsh-Joint-Girdle,-Modified/Detail.bok

Mudrat
08-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Those look pretty cool :t:

fifesjeep
08-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah not too bad looking... I've read that these are awesome...
I think if I were to use these I'd make the holes a little bigger and drill out the threaded portion of the yoke to run the next bolt size with locknuts etc... :-|

Mudrat
08-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Before you do, think about the amount of metal you'll need to remove from the yoke to get the larger nuts to fit. I installed an HD yoke when I rebuilt the x-fer case with the 4::1 kit and had to have the yoke milled 3/32 to fit the standard 5/16 bolt and nut. For an MR it shouldn't be difficult, but before you install the yoke make sure the hardware clears. Lesson learned the hard way :oops: And I don't have a mill at my disposal anymore :smile:

fifesjeep
08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Before you do, think about the amount of metal you'll need to remove from the yoke to get the larger nuts to fit. I installed an HD yoke when I rebuilt the x-fer case with the 4::1 kit and had to have the yoke milled 3/32 to fit the standard 5/16 bolt and nut. For an MR it shouldn't be difficult, but before you install the yoke make sure the hardware clears. Lesson learned the hard way :oops: And I don't have a mill at my disposal anymore :smile:

I'm not too worried about the amount of material on these smaller axles, there seems to be plenty of meat...

Bulltear Ad