PDA

View Full Version : Performer intake problem- Need some advise after the second

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

willysjeepseller
08-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Edelbrock performer dual plane on a 360. Installed the first time with some fel-pro gaskets and no stock metal pan gasket. Bolts were difficult to thread in being that they rubbed the side of the holes?? However it worked for years. This time I put the same manifold back on but followed the online instructions that said to use edelbrock 0.06 thick gaskets and also the stock metal pan. I had to enlarge the bolt holes to get the bolts in, there was no other way it was going on, but I gooped it up and put it together. Well the manifold leaks on the passenger side. Tightened it more and it leaks more. I made bubbles between the block and head with carb cleaner. What should I do next?? Shoot it??!!?

Thanks

Matt

Mudrat
08-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Need to know a couple things:
Have the heads or block been milled? If so, how much? You need to take a little off the intake as well.

Which side to the bolts 'rub' on lower or upper (inner or outter :oops: )? For the leak, was it torqued properly in the proper sequence?

willysjeepseller
08-17-2009, 09:43 PM
The engine was rebuilt but they didn't do the manifold and I don't know how much they took off, and yes I torqued per the instructions. I put the manifold on without the gaskets and it looked like it sat perfectly, but when both gaskets are stacked under it then the bolts have problems. I think it's the outer sides of the holes but i would need to check again to be sure.

If I get a new manifold and take it to the shop how would they know how much to take off?

Thanks

Matt

dwg86
08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Install intake with stock style metal gasket only, not both. Install gasket per felpro instructions with rtv around the water ports and...I can't remember what they recommend to use around intake ports, but it's in the instructions.

willysjeepseller
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
What about just using the soft gaskets like last time??

I also noticed that the bubbles were coming from the center of the manifold above what I think is the exhaust cross over and since it was bubbling out is it exhaust and not vaccume?? It was still idling rough.

Bulltear Ad