PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

juggernaught
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Looking for some recommendations for a poly/ure motor mounts preferably with an interlock system to stop over stress of the mount. Called Energy Suspension about there product, only to find out that the do not make one for a cj-7 v-8 application. Go figure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dusty
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Moutain Off Road Enterprises

M.O.R.E bomb proof motor mounts end of amc v8 motor mount issues. bolt in and strong as the welds that hold them together

Patf10
08-24-2009, 04:37 PM
just put em in my CJ and cant go wrong easy install. I found out my mounts had been broken for quite a while before i fixed them

fuzz401
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I have never had a problem with the factory poly/ure motor mounts

tufcj
08-24-2009, 06:32 PM
+1 on the MORE mounts. I've had them in my CJ for over 10 years now with no problems.

Bob
tufcj

juggernaught
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all of the input. The M.O.R.E. mounts look like an excellent set up, but I am just looking for a similar to stock design made of poly/u. I think originally there are limiter plates for the stock motor mounts and would like to see this incorporated into any m/m I buy.

If I had known what a pain-in-the-ass it was going to be to find the right upper and lower m/m brackets, sand blast them, repair the stress cracks, paint them, locate and buy the actual poly/u mounts, and now I still have to align them as I install the motor, I would look at the simplicity and cost of the M.O.R.E. m/m's and buy them in a minute. Well worth the cost and time savings.

Thought it would be cheaper/quicker to deal with the stock parts. I WAS WRONG!

Bulltear Ad