PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate AMC oil pump kit

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

motorcitymellowyellow
09-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I recently ordered the ultimate oil pump kit from Bulltear and I am wondering what oil filters I will use with that ? I understand that WIX is the best value and performing oil filter.

But with part # I would like two to choose from . space permiting I could run a taller one or it not then a short set.

Also how should I prime the oil pump? I also understand that pacing the pump with vasoline is not the correct way but it's the only way I know.

Please help.

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Always prime your oil pump :idea:

PH8A in Fram or equivalent for the filters. The larger Frams PH8A are actually good as long as they arent the dualguard series.

tufcj
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I've had good luck priming oil pumps with just a few squirts of oil from an oil can thru the center hole of the filter mount. Pull the distributor and spin the pump with a priming tool so you're sure it will make pressure before starting it.

Bob
tufcj

rollbar
01-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I've had good luck priming oil pumps with just a few squirts of oil from an oil can thru the center hole of the filter mount.
Bob
tufcj

Bob, should I do the same when i go to prime the block?

rollbar
02-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Question:
I looked on the products page and didn't see one of these oil kits.

Got a pic?

How much?

What exactly will over the stock pump etc?

Thanks,
Jim

motorcitymellowyellow
04-07-2011, 07:27 PM
UPDATE !!

I finally finshed up my install and primed the pump and will take pictures of everything once I get it started.
I either have the distributer off or there is nor gas in my take. Any advice getting the Dizzy back in time with the number one piston would be appreciated.

rollbar
04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Click ---> http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showthread.php?18566-TDC-Valve-74-360

I turned it over w/the starter and right when it blew my finger off the #1 plug hole I stopped then & there. Checked the timing mark and it was 10* BTDC. Then I fired it up and set timing, I still need to re-adjust when I get her on the road.

P.S. remove coil wire

P.S.S. I'm using NAPA Gold/Wix filter. Fram in my opinion are not that good.

Found this, & this is not why I don't use them, I have had a few bad experiences w/them as well.

U-Tube Video - Fram
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX0xrqvlsNI

motorcitymellowyellow
04-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the advice I pulled the distributer and the spark plug from the number one cylinder and turned it over till the compresson pushed my thumb off.
And now I have no spark from my MSD box or the coil is bad.

Pictures soon

rollbar
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
? Did you just install the motor? Did U do any wiring or dash wiring?

motorcitymellowyellow
04-09-2011, 02:49 PM
I discovered that one of the wires that went to the ballast resistor had came unpluged..problem solved.
The engine started right up and the oil pressure was at sixty psi cold and was at 10 psi idling .

motorcitymellowyellow
04-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I drove the car Sunday and the oil pressure was the best it has ever been .

I'm extremely happy with my purchase and I would recomend this kit or individual parts .
Buying the parts together as a kit was a great way to save money and make sure that everything worked together !

Bulltear Ad