PDA

View Full Version : 304: Rocker Arms

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CJ-WILD
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
OK... So it may be a dead horse here that is being beat... but at least it is not my eyes from searching through all the multiple thousands of posts :-)

The fella that I had working on my engine, then fired from working on my engine, really botched up my rocker arms by leaving them out to rust! (among many other things... I mean come on... he put my cam gear on backwards!) Now the rocker arms must be replaced. Since they have to be replaced, I fugure why not get a set of roller rockers? However, I am having a hard time finding the information that I need.

I really don't want to do more than replace the rockers... seriously... no more machine shop... So are there options out there that are basically swap right in for a 72 304?

If needed, here is some backup info... recent rebuild, Edelbrock Performer Set-Up (Cam/lifters/springs, Intake, Double Roller Timing Chain, 1406 Carb).

I see that I can get the Scorpion Roller Rockers on EBAY for about $200... However, I am still uncertain if this is the way to go. I'm not a cheap bastard by any means, but I'm not going to take the heads off again and, yada, yada, so on and so forth. I have thought about having the heads ported and pollished in a few years, but I'm going to play with it as is for now.

I value the opinion of everyone here... as I have lurked :idea: for almost 9 months during my rebuild... and I thank you in advance for sharing your awesomeness :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
09-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey buddy! Scorpion will work fine and MAY....MAY work witht he stock studs. The stock studs on a AMC SINGLE ROCKER are non adjustable meaning you torque them down. They have a little shoulder that prevents you from tightening them down too far. You MAY need to change these out but I doubt it in a 304...just check it out if you get a set.

AMX69PHATTY
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
If deciding to go with stock replacement type rockers, Elgin offers them.

Bulltear Ad