PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifolds

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

bor
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
I currently have a AMC 360 V8. I had been running stock exhaust manifolds. I recently ordered Edelbrocks ceramic coated headers that were supposed to be a direct replacement. I had a custom exhaust fit to the original manifolds, so in essence, they should fit the direct replacements headers. Passenger side lines up and has dounut at flange, driver side does not line up. Header flange (at collector) is way forward and has the need for a dounut at the flange whereas the original manifold was cast to recieve the flared end of the exhaust pipe at the exhaust flange. I went to Edelbrocks website and for this engine, the part number for the ceramic coated headers was the same???? I am confused

bor
10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
The drivers side manifold is from a 304 that had a manual clutch, that is why the flange location is pushed forward, to miss the linkage. That means, Edelbrock does not make a Ceramic Coated Header for a AMC 360 that does not have A.I.R. tubes. I will have to have my exhaust system modified. It sucks because I already have to have my pass side modified due to a long 2 pc driveshaft that will need a carrier bearing to which the carrier bearing already interferes with existing pass side down tube. I have a doubler by the way--- Oh well case closed.

ironman_gq
11-02-2009, 10:20 AM
do they have them for the 304 and a manual. If they do they will fit your 360

tufcj
11-02-2009, 05:47 PM
The "standard" V-8 DS manifold from 71-86 exited just behind the middle. In about 87, they moved the DS outlet further back, like the PS, since they didn't have any more manual trans vehicles to deal with. They used the same manifolds on all CJs, trucks, and Wagoneers.

Bob
tufcj

Bulltear Ad