PDA

View Full Version : Frigg'n weather

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
11-12-2009, 07:05 AM
They are likening this storm to Hurricane Isabel!!

I'm bagg'n ass. Bridges/tunnels closing, another 8" of rain expected today - flooding everywhere and I have 4 trash cans collecting the leaks in my office.
My contractor for the next ship install has 8" before water gets in his house I still have about 8foot of tide before I get wet inside.

I don't need to be here!!!

ironman_gq
11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
time for everyone to move to higher ground or move inland. I never did understand why we built cities on the coast that were lower than the sealevel 111!!!

Mudrat
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Well I'm in a higher part of the area :? , the house is 18 feet above mean high water - on a normal day :oops: . Today I was only 10' :shock:
I did find a new leak in the shop though, tied a bucket to the rafter to keep it off my seat.

After 12 inches of rain and still getting 50-60 mph winds, I'm worried that one of the MANY 100++ foot tall trees I have will uproot from soft ground and high winds :roll: Most are in the back yard where the wind is coming FROM - so they would blow onto the house. [-o<

ironman_gq
11-12-2009, 11:15 PM
double snatchblock with the winch as high as you can get on the tree and tie off to something big and drag it back the right way :lo1l:

rollen dean montoya
11-13-2009, 03:44 PM
They are likening this storm to Hurricane Isabel!!

I'm bagg'n ass. Bridges/tunnels closing, another 8" of rain expected today - flooding everywhere and I have 4 trash cans collecting the leaks in my office.
My contractor for the next ship install has 8" before water gets in his house I still have about 8foot of tide before I get wet inside.

I don't need to be here!!!

get a boat bro :mrgreen: do some fishing or just come out here to the desert and bring your jeeps :lo1l:

Mudrat
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
get a boat bro :mrgreen: do some fishing or just come out here to the desert and bring your jeeps :lo1l:
Bring my Jeep's so you can tear them up?? FAT Chance dude!!! #-o
My temp garage collapsed under the wind and rain, well my 'temp has been up for 3 years :mrgreen:
The bike's been "wet", and i'll take me a while to sort this out. :smile: I have this weekend - after that I'll be in Japan.

rollen dean montoya
11-15-2009, 11:01 AM
with a stop in san diego for some :razz: with sam :mrgreen:

Lifted79CJ7
11-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Sounds like you all faired well with that storm - I was watching it closely and read a lot of stuff from freinds on Facebook. Isabel wasn't super extreme, but wasn't a cake walk either (insert me running down the street chasing skylights off the hotel so they could be put back on), so this must have been quite a doozy. I read about all the flooding and just hope everyone faired well!

Mudrat
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah we really didn't do that bad here. The root structure of one tree Isabell took town finally rotted out and the storm increased the void under the drive way, which cracked and settled - $700 for that repair (not covered by insurance of course :(: )
There were debris piles all over the Navy base and Thursday at the peak (some of us were at work) we had 6-7 cars swollowed by 'puddles'. There's still one 350ZX about 50m off the road with water still over the tires (drove into hi water and the wind and surf pushed him/her past the tree line into deeper water)- that was also the runway area that was flooded !!! Ground is still too soft to walk on let alone hook up a tow rig :mrgreen:

According to Dominion Power we only had about 1.7 million pepole without power for a day or so. Not bad since I was without power for 3 weeks during/after Isabel :?

Bulltear Ad