PDA

View Full Version : Pistons

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Dusty
11-20-2009, 04:19 PM
MC you hit the nail on the head with those pistons. :? really a piece of art work. They are about 100 grams lighter than the old speed pro pistons and a much better fit.

Might i suggest on your ordering page you might consider adding a couple of items..... just a thought.

Under compression ratios I'd really suggest adding a 9.0:1 option even though you can do anything an off the shelf 9.0:1 pistons that guys can order with an engine kit and stock ring grooves would be an awesome option. i know of two guys down here who are drooling over the idea of dropping their 9.8:1 pistons for a 9:1 ratio on thier next build which is in a std bore motor (read Virgin) that only needs .010 to clean up so you'll probably be making a set fo .010 pistons for me next year, that is if i can figure out an oil ring combo.

I know the one mistake i made was i forgot to ask about the ring grooves and i had two sets of stock cast rings i was thinking about using. hind sight is 20/20 I am much happier with the fact that i upgraded to moly rings from hastings. only catch is i bought after i took a look at the specs but on my next engine.... next year i will probably order a basic set of 9:1 pistons from you again with the stock 5/16 grooves. you might create a selectable bar listing the ring groove thicknesses on the psiton ordering page

And consider offering under another line the option to buy the rings for those pistons from you with the pistons. might be an opportunity to make another $$ on the transaction.

Either way those are thoughts on what you might be able to do on your piston ordering page to help expedite things for internet sales.

I wish you best of luck on these things they are killer quality and top notch for fit and finish. :t:

Just had to give you a plug for another quality product

jeepsr4ever
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM
I agree I think many more options should be added. They are very nice pistons if not the nicest most accurate yet. Oil ring you mean the std 3/16"?

Dusty
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
yep

KENNSON
03-18-2023, 02:07 PM
I'd also like to upgrade mine. Suggestions?

Bulltear Ad