PDA

View Full Version : AMC 401 Turbo

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

thigh19
11-27-2009, 05:25 PM
As far as I can tell, nobody out there makes Turbo Charger headers for my AMC 401. Can anyone help me? Because of the dogleg you can't just flip the manifolds over like a Chevy and I can't fing anything with a center dump colector. Thought about early manifolds and just switching side so they dump out the front. Ideas?

tarior
12-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Strictly custom, unless maybe some boat manifolds would work. :-|

Holeshot
04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I found some aluminum boat manifolds that were for rect port heads but there's plenty of nice thick aluminum to grind into the dogleg pattern. They are water jacketed for cooling & would put the turbos just in front of the heads. Using a UR-11 w/o the upper plenum, a nice paperbox-looking upper could be easily fabbed to feed pressurized air into the engine. Direct port F.I. would be best for fuel mgmt. Comcast has had my website unusable or I'd link to pics here. They r working on it, I'll do that when possible. This set of boatey manifolds is only the second I've EVER seen in 30yrs. Thaz why I bought them!

thigh19
04-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I'd be interrested but this a total experimental project. That being said, price is an issue so how much and can you email me pics?

Bulltear Ad