PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Fan amps

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Brett Polwell
02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
I am going to try installing a Taurus fan to help cool my 401. I know my current charging system isn't enough to handle this upgrade. I am currently running a yellow top battery and a chevy style, 3 wire alternator. Do I need to run 2 alternators, dual batteries, or do I need to spring for a high dollar, high output alternator?

dan58
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
You don't need any of that. I run a 105A GM with no issue at all. Be sure to use the correct gauge wire and to use a heavy enough (I used 75A) relay. It's only a heavy draw on initial start up. They're a great, cheap mod. :t:

ironman_gq
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I use an 80 or 100 amp power relay I got a waytek.com. very good mod. I only run mine on low but I do have an overide so that I can shut it off for water crossing as well as have it either always on or thermostatically controlled. On low I have never had a problem with heat with a warmed over 304. As for power just make sure you have a decent alternator 90 amps or better. I personally have two seperate charging systems and two batteries but that is way overkill but is nice for long recovery operations and self jump starting up here when its -30 :lo1l:

Brett Polwell
02-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Thats good news.

Thanks for the help.

Bulltear Ad