PDA

View Full Version : External Oiling

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

fifesjeep
03-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I've been thinking about getting away from the stock AMC oiling for a long time...
What I am basically Looking for is a complete list of parts, part numbers, and prices as well as your experiences, problems with said goodies.
My buddy is about to "trick-out" his 390 and he said that he can build a belt driven oiling system for cheap... Of course, It was hard for me to fully comprehend everything he said... dang that Duers Scotch #-o ...
Pictures are AWESOME! :t:

jeepsr4ever
03-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Any single stage oil pump will do the trick. Use a serpentine pulley on it and a set of BT serp pulleys and you will have to make brackets for it but its doable.

fifesjeep
03-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Do you have any pics/part numbers of these single stage pumps?

jeepsr4ever
03-28-2010, 09:24 PM
http://www.drysump.com/images/oilpmp1.jpg

fifesjeep
03-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Nice... What kind of $ are we talking about for one of these?
If I were to do this... I would have to run two lines (inlet/outlet) tapping into the oil passages correct? Would I feed it from the back of the block or mod the front and tap into from there?
And what about oil drain back? Won't the heads flood due to the high pressures? Sorry man but, I have a lot of questions... :oops:

jeepsr4ever
03-29-2010, 09:15 AM
$6-700 just for the pump. Any external pump is not cheap.

fifesjeep
03-29-2010, 10:36 AM
:shock: Oly #$%$&#^@% batman... I need to find detailed drawings and make one or two...
:-| Are they're any cars that come from the factory with an external pump? probably not right?... If not, what's the closet thing that we could use as a pump... (I'm digging man). lol

jeepsr4ever
03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
LOL dont have sticker shock yet we aint done!

fifesjeep
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Soooo, do you have prints of a pump? lol.
There's gotta be another way of building a system rather than spending all of this big money on new and over priced parts etc... :-|
Time to start doing a lot of research... #-o I haven't even started and the brain cramps have already begun. 8)

Side note: Man, what's up with this adapter??? Dude, I gotta move this thing either your way or this guy here... :(:

jeepsr4ever
03-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I will get you out a set of covers tomorrow. BTW for a single stage pump just wait 2 months it iwll be out. :razz: :wink:

fifesjeep
03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
I will get you out a set of covers tomorrow.
:shock: great scott!!! :? :t:

BTW for a single stage pump just wait 2 months it will be out. :razz: :wink:
:notworthy: Man, I seriously envy you... you have the best Job... =D>

jeepsr4ever
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I will get you out a set of covers tomorrow.
:shock: great scott!!! :? :t:

BTW for a single stage pump just wait 2 months it will be out. :razz: :wink:
:notworthy: Man, I seriously envy you... you have the best Job... =D>

Yes I do and thanks! :lo1l:

fifesjeep
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
So this oil pump, will it be sold alone, or are you going to have a complete oiling kit?
Can we get a crack at a ballpark figure for this oil pump... :idea:

jeepsr4ever
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
No comment yet

fifesjeep
03-29-2010, 07:21 PM
:mrgreen: =D>

Blown7
03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
No comment yet

Your such a frickin tease!

Blown7
03-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Soooo, do you have prints of a pump? lol.
There's gotta be another way of building a system rather than spending all of this big money on new and over priced parts etc... :-|

Trust me on this, if you go external oil pump on a AMC it won't be cheap, period, end of story unless you can find parts cheap on Ebay.

However having done a exterior oil pump mod, I'd never go back to the OEM oiling system ever again.

fifesjeep
04-02-2010, 05:04 AM
I know that it isn't cheap... but, if I can get a list of all the needed components and then find them on the cheap, even they are used (in good working condition) then I will be a further ahead...
I'm sure there are a lot of home-brew external oiling mods that have been made/done and perform adequately... there just has to be. :idea:

Bulltear Ad