PDA

View Full Version : BT 5x10 Table

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

neptco19
04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
I called and talked with Mike today for a bit about the 5x10 table. I forgot to ask can the slats be purchased with the kit? Also on the water tables how deep do you recommend it to be?

Thanks,
Jason

jeepsr4ever
04-06-2010, 07:13 PM
In Gantry kit for the slat array is much different than the integrated water tray slat configuration. The water tray slats are 2"x1/8" flat hot rolled steel which is easily bought in 12-20 foot lengths and cut to size. The std slat configuration are laser cut slats that create a square pattern for holding material.

neptco19
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
So do the slats come with it or can be purchased at time of purchase? I was planning on building the frame/watertable my self, so couldnt I build it around either of the slat systems?

Creepy
04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
I chose to not use the supplied square grate cut pieces with little tits in my water table because they are a bit deep at 4.25" and the tits make the parts tip up. They were good to get started with dry cutting tho.

I'm running 2" of water in a 4" deep stainless pan. You may find the additional weight of double the water a hinderance with no additional benefit if you use the supplied 4" deep grates in a water tray.

To hold the slats - (3) 2"x1/8" on the bottom of the pan with 3/4" deep, 1/8" wide cuts in them, spaced 2.5" apart. Chopsaw works fast, set a stop. Don't forget to add some reliefs for water to flow between rows.

Then put 1"x1/8" strapping in the slices. Replace/flip as they wear out.

I've found the strapping with no tits to completely eliminate tip-ups. There was no loss of cut quality due to thicker material under the parts fouling the plasma stream. I was worried about that, but its fine.

Bulltear Ad