PDA

View Full Version : What are the approprate angles for the valves and seats?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Old Rugged Crosser
06-26-2010, 09:31 PM
On a three angle valve grind Just what are the appropriate angles one should use for the valves and seats on a motor that has been pepped up yet will see regular street usage? I also will be incorporating the Singh grove on these heads. I'm at that point in my build. I am using ss valves with undercut stems with inner and outer springs and hardened seats on the exhaust, along with some major porting on all ports. Dogleg heads.

Would appreciate some advice in this regard. :-| :-| :-|

Old Rugged Crosser
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
On a three angle valve grind Just what are the appropriate angles one should use for the valves and seats on a motor that has been pepped up yet will see regular street usage? I also will be incorporating the Singh grove on these heads. I'm at that point in my build. I am using ss valves with undercut stems with inner and outer springs and hardened seats on the exhaust, along with some major porting on all ports. Dogleg heads.

Would appreciate some advice in this regard. :-| :-| :-|

This was not a feel good request. I would seriously like some info. I am ready to grind.

Rogue Racer
06-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Standard automotive 45 degree seats work well in most cases. You can benefit a bit from some alternate angles if the port work is done to accompany the angles and the camshaft design is complimentary. Engine displacement, intake system and exhaust system can also be factors. Engine operating speed is a big factor.

Bulltear Ad