PDA

View Full Version : DTHC online?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

the-t-man
07-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I have read all the faq's and instructions on your forum.

things i have done:
-I have managed to get the G code set up ok.
-i've played with the rapid clearance. I have double checked the rapid height clearance with the limit switch.

I cannot get the torch to fire. The head just smashed into the material over and over. I keep reding about the DTHC online button flasing but i cannot find it anywhere in your instructions or in the Mach 3 software.

Can you please help? Right now this table is sitting idle doing nothing in myshop except taking up space.

jeepsr4ever
07-30-2010, 04:42 PM
I you go to Mach and open the diagnostics tab and push the Z axis up does it turn the Z home light on? With your cables attached does your DTHC light up? I it is crashing into the material it is either running out of Z axis or your Z axis home switch is not wired correctly.

Creepy
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Read the mach3 manuals, especially the dthc one. They aren't on this site, go to artofcnc, and the mach3 forums.

Need more info:

-will the torch fire from the mach3 button?
-can you post a pic of your z switch?
-have you put a switch offset in your post processor?
-does the switch actually work - can you see it make in the diagnostics screen?
-does the dthc test button at the bladrunner box make the on-screen led's flash? (test cycle flashes screen led's - up,up,up, down,down,down, alternating with thc on)
-is the torch rapiding into the work, or are you being confused by the tip touching the work before it begins?

I'm guessing you have no switch offset in your post processor - so when you home the Z, you are actually placing zero below the work. You have to account for the distance the floating head travels to make the switch, from when it contacts the work.

Think about the z zero, its when the tip touches the work, not when it makes the switch! Zero is the work surface. touch the surface, zero your Z DRO, and then move Z down until the switch makes in diagnostics screen. go look at the Z DRO again, it will be about .25 (depending on your switch), this needs to be put in the post processor.)

Detailed here:
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9925

Note that late in the thread i found a spot in the post for the switch offset, AND the mach3 switches screen.

Hope this helps.

jeepsr4ever
08-03-2010, 10:51 AM
We installed the Z axis home switch on the Z axis (which is now a std operation before shipping). The other issue is that it may not be wired right in the control head. If this is the case this will cause the issue he is describing. I dont know if Taran checks the site often or not.

Creepy
08-03-2010, 11:26 AM
He is describing the exact problem I had, and it was the switch offsets, so i'll throw it out there.

do all the kits come with single box electronics now? with Z limit switch installed?

jeepsr4ever
08-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes single box with Z axis limit installed. After talking with Ryan (employee) we found the issue was in sheetcam where the rapid clearance plane was sent to .156 and we changed it to 1". This should clear up any issue they were having.

Bulltear Ad