PDA

View Full Version : coolant leaking intake

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepcj7304
08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I finally got my fuel injection in and got it started it immediately started bubling coolant out of the front bolts on each side of the intake. I guess my question is should i pull the intake to make sure it isnt going anywhere else or just try and tighten them. Also I just got this motor new and it seemed to have a rattling noise when running. Not a tap but a rattle kinda wierd. I do need to put header gaskets on it at the moment i am just using a set of manifold gaskets i had on hand so they are probably leaking a little not sure if that is the noise or not. any ideas on either would be great.

jeepcj7304
08-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I guess it might help if I added that it is an early 80's 360 in my Jeep with an offenhauser intake.

tarior
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
You could try tightening them, it ain't gonna hurt anything.

New motor with weird rattle? Did you break the cam in properly?

tufcj
08-17-2010, 03:04 PM
What kind of injection? You could be hearing the injectors cycling. My CJ is running a GM TBI (Howell), without the air cleaner, you can really hear the injectors cycle. Some headers will really make a rattling sound with the exhaust pulse. See if it changes any by varying the timing.

Bob
tufcj

jeepcj7304
08-18-2010, 03:09 PM
motor is brand new never broke the cam in at all yet. That was the first time it strated. I am going to put on header gaskets and swap out the intake gasket this weekend. I primed the oil first using a drill and added a zinc addative. the motor did hydrolock with fuel but was drained and refilled with clean oil. I dont think that would have hurt anything.

Bulltear Ad