PDA

View Full Version : Dana 61 front axle cut down to 62"WMS

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
10-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Came out of a dodge and was shortened 5.5"s. This is a Dana 61 the same as a Dana 60 however is requires a ring gear spacer to run Dana 60 gears (not a huge deal). Spring pad spacing is 27"s and it has a 35 spline inner axles. Comes disassembled but complete. The long side inner will have to be shortened but this would be a GREAT axle for a passenger side CJ jeep or even a FSJ.

We shortened the long side but cutting the tube and press fitting in a sleeve then welding. This axle was done right and would be a good builder.

$650

Passenger side drop, kingpin with lockouts and shafts with good u-joints (however long side needs to be shortened). Everything is there!

fifesjeep
10-27-2010, 10:03 AM
I had a hell of time trying to sell my D61... I even had a difficult time selling a Narrowed HP D60... Maybe the martket is better on that side?

jeepsr4ever
10-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I saw that you were selling a driver side drop axle to guys with AMC powered jeeps..lol #-o Although it would be a good axle for FSJs 80-91 you probly would have been better off going on a wrangler forum it probly would have sold in hours.

fifesjeep
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I saw that you were selling a driver side drop axle to guys with AMC powered jeeps..lol #-o Although it would be a good axle for FSJs 80-91 you probly would have been better off going on a wrangler forum it probly would have sold in hours.

Very true... Here locally there are wide variety of 4x4's with driver drop and I figured I'd offer it up to the Jeepers first... just incase they were building a tough rig... After all, why toss under a GM 60 front, when the ford HP is a better axle :t: lol Heck the money save for purchasing my axle they could've purchased an adapter and still been ahead of the game.

I had a D61 rear that took forever to sell as well... the killer was the needed spacer and carrier.

Bulltear Ad