PDA

View Full Version : Who is setup without / CPC Port and Machine torch.

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mav68erick
07-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Got a powermax65, reading on the pirate boards someone was having issues by passing the safety switch, because they had to add it because some dee da dee blew his garage up. What if I hung a machine torch around a tank and turned it on? same thing wouldnt it.

But besides that, can you just wire the safety switch straight and install a cpc port and use a hand torch in the same way a machine torch? or what. Or will the DTHC installation pretty much take care of not worrying about the safety switch issue after everythings connected, If I need to get the cpc Id like to get it ordered, gonna go down the street to the Miller guy, they work on any type of welder and they are certified for Hypertherms to, to see if they would install and possibly my DTHC, doubt the latter though.

And If you do use your hand torch for mech cutting, do you get a Mech shield?

If none of that made sense, I have a Hand torch with no CPC, and Im assuming the DTHC also controls when to torch on and off etc?

jeepsr4ever
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
We have done tons of these 45 units. The Purple and Orange wires are the trigger wires. Hypertherm keeps this a secret for liability reasons because they were stung once when a machine and hand torch were hooked up and both fired rupturing a cylinder the hand torch was wrapped around...heard it was a mess. You can use the hand torch easily for DTHC by using those two wires. The schematic also tells you which wires. Yes the DTHC also turns the torch on and off.

Mav68erick
07-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Matt sounds easy enough.

So Do I need get some mechanized shields for my torch.

And heres a Problem I just thought of, theres 100amp service to the garage from thehouse, Im no electrician but obviously things draw more amps on start up. I think my air compressor pulls 20 -21 will running and 24 or something starting so.

I figure 20-22 for air
Says 200-220v on the powermax65 52/50 seems it gets smaller the higher the volts

So this puts me at 70-74 amps. Figure I needs lights, dont know the draw for flourescents, but they do dim down when the air comes on or if you use the chop saw. but the lights are on 15amp breakers, and I use my miller 140 off those electrical sockets and never popped them so they cant draw much. I cant imagine the table motors and what not drawing to much power.

I hope I can build a pole barn next year and get a line straight from the street so it can have its own meter and be seperate.

Mav68erick
07-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Wired it up today, pretty silly they had it pre wired for 3 phase, even though all I had to do was disconnect the red. was surprised I had the compressor on turned it to 65 amps and the lights didnt even flicker.

Cut some 1/4 turned it to 45amps and was amazed, I moved a little fast I think. I dont see any cut charts to show Amps for xThickness? I assume the volts is to set in the DTHC and assume the volts entered in mach 3 can change the volts / amps w/e in the machine through the board.

jeepsr4ever
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Tip voltage is measured voltage from the tip and the Z axis is raised or lowered in the parameters of the DTHC. For instance if you have 125 tip volts you will be roughly .130" above the material and maintaining that balaance in corners (using antidive #'s) is the function of the DTHC. There are some dumb DTHC units out there that do not have antidive and will lower the tip while making a corner. This is not the case with this unit proper tip volts and the reading frequency of those tip volts will determine the Z axis movements. You will understand everything when you get the electronics.

Bulltear Ad