PDA

View Full Version : Piercing for drilling

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mav68erick
11-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Ok so I was cutting some aluminum and my holes are .060 diamter, and my aluminums .060 thick. well cant really cut the holes right. And dunno why Hypertherm doesnt give any fine cut charts for aluminum, gonna see if I can fudge it in to use it and get a smaller kerf.

So I loaded my part into sheet cam and clicked use points for drilling when I loaded my drawing, it put X hairs on my smaller holes and actually showed cut start points... S1 S2 S3 S4 etc... But it doesnt show any green cut line even with leadins turned off for that.. Dunno if this is the problem I just though of is I didnt change outside/inside/on the line cut for the drill spots though.
But after running the post processor and loading into Mach it goes straight to cutting the outside.

I also tried doing a drill operation but it doest give options for pierce height or delay. I dont wanna pierce at the same height i wanna pierce closer to the cut height for .1 second just to get witness makrs and not blow the hole out.

I know its been awhile just working and other crap going on.

jeepsr4ever
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Your sure your using a point? Also you dont want to pierce at cut height pretty much ever the reason is the blowback will ruin your consumables. I am not sure why Sheetcam would pickup the point. I have never seen it not work.

Mav68erick
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I had my circles at first, and it still labeled everything as S1 S2 S3 etc for pierce locations. Then I re-edited my dxf and made the centers Points and deleted the circles same thing, Labeled all the pierces S1 S2 etc and went straight to the outside as I did a dry run.

Am I correct in that you just Click pierce for drills when loading the drawing, and you still only need the one cut profile. nothing seperate

jeepsr4ever
11-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Right that is all you need to do.

Bulltear Ad