PDA

View Full Version : dthc not functioning and torch intermittent cuts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

the-t-man
12-27-2011, 04:22 AM
we have a 5X10 table that we have been having issues with for a wile now. we run a thermal dynamics a80 with machine torch and the dhtc was sent to us with the gantry kit. it seems like it will be fine most days if i turn the dthc off [have never got it to work properly but set up as per instructions] but you will turn it off for the night and come back the next day and then it intermittently cuts as if the programming is wrong. it does this with new or used tips ground on the table or on the material itself. if there are any suggestions please help because i am really frustrated with this machine.

the-t-man
12-27-2011, 10:04 AM
for some reason it seems to be cutting again and i have made no changes except pulling the brand new tip out and putting it back in. i got no idea whats going on now

jeepsr4ever
12-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Please answer the following

1. What plasma cutter?
2. Torch (machine or hand)
3. Shield cup part #
4. Tip voltage reading good?
5. Did you try the self test mode in Mach 3?
6. What are the symptoms? (up and down rapid movements in Z axis? other issues?)

the-t-man
12-29-2011, 07:46 AM
thermal dynamics a80
machine head
not sure which part number you want
tip voltage reading was reading good
which self test should i run?
as cut proceeds the torch keeps lifting away from material no matter what i have the voltage set at or the sensativity.

thanks in advance for the help

jeepsr4ever
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
There is a test button on the white control box if you press it mach will display tip volts and up and down signals according to the voltage. This will tell us if the signal is being sent. If the signal is not sent then the PC is corrupt. If the signal is sent then the DTHC may need repair. Your under warrantee we just need to take steps to find out what is wrong.

werks
01-05-2012, 04:18 AM
thermal dynamics a80
machine head
not sure which part number you want
tip voltage reading was reading good
which self test should i run?
as cut proceeds the torch keeps lifting away from material no matter what i have the voltage set at or the sensativity.

thanks in advance for the help

I have had similar issues, one day it works fine the next it doesn't, can't figure this thing out and its really frustrating!

the-t-man
01-05-2012, 04:22 AM
the test shows the up and down signal and arc ok signal. there is no tip voltage showing at this point. what can cause this from happening? i will double check my connections in the plasma and at the control board.

the-t-man
01-05-2012, 04:32 AM
i just looked over the config file in mach and there are only 2 of the ccc setup files and when i change the one config to dthc it will automatically change back to neither if i open the config again. wtf?

jeepsr4ever
01-05-2012, 05:33 AM
the test shows the up and down signal and arc ok signal. there is no tip voltage showing at this point. what can cause this from happening? i will double check my connections in the plasma and at the control board.
No tip volts signal means hardware issue OR cable issue. Contact CandCNC.com directly they will most likely have you ship them the electronics but they have a fast turnaround.

jeepsr4ever
01-05-2012, 05:35 AM
I have had similar issues, one day it works fine the next it doesn't, can't figure this thing out and its really frustrating!

That sounds like a PC issue or did you switch PCs recently and what Windows are you using or THC? Typically if your lifting it means your out of range so your THC delay is too small or your THC rate is too high. Typically 18% is perfect for THC rate on the older Z axis machines.

jeepsr4ever
01-05-2012, 05:37 AM
i just looked over the config file in mach and there are only 2 of the ccc setup files and when i change the one config to dthc it will automatically change back to neither if i open the config again. wtf?

Did you remember to SAVE AXIS SETTING?

Bulltear Ad