PDA

View Full Version : Torch not firing with software HELP

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

wickedinhere
01-02-2012, 06:52 AM
I have had a few times since i got my table where my torch wouldnt fire but the table would still run. I would shut it off and it would always start working the second time i tired it, it probably did it 4 times. Today it did it and now it just keeps doing it i thought it was my torch but i fired my pm45 with the remote box and it fired everytime. It cut great yesterday, when i fire the torch with mach 3 it doesnt fire up but the light on the little box comes on. I never did get a arc ok light to come on on the little box since i have had it so i never set up the height control. Here is a pic of the box i have no idea whats going or what to check.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/wickedinhere/photo271.jpg

wickedinhere
01-02-2012, 07:29 AM
OK i had never used the plug that came with my table that plugs in the back of the pm45. I tried it and everything is working even the arc ok light is now coming on so now i can get my THC setup. I was wondering if i can plug the black cable out of the new plug into the top of the little box?

jeepsr4ever
01-02-2012, 07:40 AM
http://www.candcnc.com/images/HYMIC-Cable1-341.png

Are you using this cable?

wickedinhere
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
I am now, when i used it everything went back to working. I think the voltage divider card went out but if i use the plug i dont think i need the card right? The thc didnt work but i didnt have the divided arc volts plugged in from the cable I still had it coming from the voltage divided card.

jeepsr4ever
01-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I have only ever heard of a Hypertherm CPC card causing an issue once last year. Glad everything is working you should be good to go.

wickedinhere
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
It was the volts divider card i got with the electronics that has malfunctioned, but if i use the plug there is no need to use the volts divider card that came with the electronics right?

jeepsr4ever
01-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Correct if tip volts are reading correctly your in the clear. Send that card in we will fix it.

wickedinhere
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
OK i tried using the volts divider connector from the plug on the rear of the pm45 and plugged it into the small box. Set volts to 111 started cutting and the tip volts were between 8-12 no movement on the THC. I then used the connector off of the volts divider card and plugged it into the small box 111 volts started cutting the tip volts start off at 145 volts then my preset volts goes from 111 to 145 as the torch is rising. NOW WHAT?

jeepsr4ever
01-03-2012, 04:38 AM
You getting divided tip volts. Follow the Cd instructions for using divided volts. There is a dipswitch setting on the back of the black box (should be) for divided coltage.

wickedinhere
01-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Ok got the 50:1 jumper or no jumper really,

Bulltear Ad