PDA

View Full Version : UPS My Choice?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ssray
02-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Well, there's gonna be some parts for a 4x8 kit arriving somewhere down the line so I did some looking on the UPS site and found My Choice. Once you sign up for it you're supposed to get an e-mail the day before and the morning of a delivery as well as some other options that are available. So, has anyone been using this and if so how reliable was it? You don't need a tracking #, it must just catch orders to your address if I understand it correctly.

Scott

jeepsr4ever
02-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Sweet! I have heard of it but havent seen it in use.

Charlene
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
As far as I can tell, you still need the tracking #... :puppydogeyes: You give it the tracking info and it keeps it so that every time you sign on the info is already there and you can sign up for email notifications on the progress of the shipment. Maybe a little helpful.

Scott, were you as wierded out as I was by the verification questions that they asked when you were signing up? :eeeeek:

ssray
02-15-2012, 04:32 AM
As far as I can tell, you still need the tracking #... :puppydogeyes: You give it the tracking info and it keeps it so that every time you sign on the info is already there and you can sign up for email notifications on the progress of the shipment. Maybe a little helpful.

Scott, were you as wierded out as I was by the verification questions that they asked when you were signing up? :eeeeek:

Yes.... a little scary what they can dig up in databases. In my case I had to pick a couple of my vehicles out of the lists so they can or have permission to access DMV info. I'm not really sure how available that info is though I have gotten extended warranty offers in the past so I know some organizations have access to it.

I'll have to go back a read some more on the UPS site. I saw the premium service that is more advanced as well but I assumed that came with a price and didn't even go into that. When the first items start shipping I'll know for sure.

Scott

wickedinhere
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I thought this topic was funny seeing how the ups tracking has been down all day.

ssray
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I thought this topic was funny seeing how the ups tracking has been down all day.

Yep... when I went back to do more reading, some pages wouldn't even load!

ssray
04-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Well being things have started to arrive thought I'd report that MyChoice seems to work OK. Got an email the day before and the box showed up the next day! Had another show up for a delivery the 19th but it's telling me the package hasn't gotten to them yet so I,m thinking that's Matt's fault, not UPS. ;) LOL They need that for the freight company as well. The guy called When he was about 10 minutes out and I had to hightail it from town and caught him as he was turning off the highway and followed him home. Had to grab the forks for the skidsteer (quicktach takes about 30 secs) and by the time I got to the truck he had it halfway out. So I now have enough lumber to make a nice outhouse as well. And Matt BTW, there were some rust spots on one of the rails and some light surface rust on the racks in spots so somewhere somehow it got some moisture in there. Might be a good idea to throw some plastic over everything before the top goes on. I wiped it all down with WD 40 immediately and will have to polish the rails up with something. That brings up a question as well. Does good ole paste wax work for protecting the rails? Usually works pretty good for machine tools and woodworking.

Scott

jeepsr4ever
04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Rails should take a bullet and not rust. You sure you dont live on top of an indian burial mound? Also start a build thread.

Bulltear Ad