PDA

View Full Version : 5x10 Gantry Build

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tlspeed1
03-07-2012, 02:46 AM
I started a buildup thread of our 5x10 gantry on my favorite forum and will work on transfering it to here as I feel up to it, but I thought you all might like to see it.

Build Up Here> http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1046427

wickedinhere
03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
I saw your build on pirate, your table looks great. I am also waiting on my 5x10 gantry kit i just need to start on my table.

tlspeed1
04-02-2012, 12:19 AM

PM in bound to Matt. Is this right? The gantry is centered and we have that same gap shown on each side.

jeepsr4ever
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Pm sent

tlspeed1
04-09-2012, 09:29 AM
We have movement! Lots of updates in the thread linked above for those who are interested.

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Matt,

I cant get the DTHC to come online. I can turn the Torch on manually. When I push the test button,the LEDs for UP and ARC OK for three series, then it changes to DOWN and ARC OK for another 3 and repeats.. Any ideas?

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 09:14 AM
That is correct. If you see in the manual you will see the tip volts reading higher than the tip volts in test mode on the mach 3 screen and down will blick...then it will be lower then up will blick. Meanwhile Arc OK and DTHC online will be lit.

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Thats the problem, they do not follow the sequence in the manual. I get NO DTHC online. I get NO volt reading at all in the test mode and the lights do not follow the described sequence. But I can manually turn the torch on and when I test ARC ok I get the LED to light.

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Something is not hooked up right. You have only a DB25 and DB9 hooked to the PC right? You have your ethernet hooked to the control box and to the PWM box? FOR DTHC to be online it needs to see it in the white control box through the DBXX cord (not sure if its the 9 or the 25).

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Typical diagnostics is to disconnect pieces starting at the end (PWM box) and move backwards to see where the issue is. Chances are the DB25 isnt plugged in all the way.

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 10:03 AM
I have went through all the cables, and connections. Even tried some new cables. I have full movement and control over the table. The power lights are on. I am getting a series of lights when I put it in test mode.....UP and ARC ON flash three times, then it switches to DOWN and ARC ON for three times and repeats. I feel like it is a communication issue and have checked out the serial/parallel port settings and compared them to the Mach manual. I thought it could be a software/driver issue too.....

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I am not sure if your DB25 port is right. Check your control panel/system/hardware profile and see if you have a port conflict.

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Go over the limit switch section to make sure you limit switch setting isnt causing a conflict. When triggered the limit and X home or X limit should only light up

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Ok so we dont believe its a cable issue. Start at the back and disconnect the PWM box from the control box.

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh and you arent using a laptop are you?

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Things I have done....

Not a laptop
Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Parallel and Serial ports
Ports configured correctly
Limit switches not the problem and disabled.
Removed and Installed Software again with out PWM hooked up.

What am a I looking for after I disconnect the PWM?

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Are you using a secondary parallel port card? Not a motherboard mounted one?

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 12:20 PM
It is mounted to the motherboard. Its the only on the PC has.

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Link to resulst of DTHC in test mode> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTio0XRyRVY&feature=youtu.be

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Windows 7?

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 12:34 PM
XP professional
Version 2002
Sevice Pask 3
Pentium 4
3.2 Ghz 2 GB ram

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 12:39 PM
XP 64 bit?..if it was 64 bit it wouldnt move the gantry. Hard to say what the issue is but if you can fire the torch from mach 3 you may be in the clear. If Z home lights up when it should it may cut fine. Your system may not recognize those pins for DTHC online. It happens maybe one out of 50 pc (s).

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
32 bit.

According to the DTHC manual, when put in test mode the DRO for volts is suppose to go to 100 and the UP flash 5 times then go to 150 and down flash 5 times. Since it does not do this, I dont think the system will cut!

Also in the manual, if this does not happen its specifically states that the probable cause is serial communication issues to the PC

So....in my mind I could have-

Bad PC serial port
Bad DTHC card
Bad Serial Cable

tlspeed1
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I just tried different Serial and DB25 cables with the same results.

I just noticed that there is a THC on/off button....but it doesnt do anything. Is there a setting that would allow me to turn that on?

Edit> is it a licensing issue...actually come to think of it after re-reading you instructions for the software, I never had a license to drop and drag over like you say

Edit again> My Mach is still a licensed as a Demo Version. I DO NOT have anything in my Mach folder regarding a Mach3 License. The only thing I have even close to referencing a license is a notepad doc about lazycam license.

Matt since you gave us the setup disc back in like December when we ordered the ganrty kit is there a way we did not recieve the license? If this is it I just got OWNED big time and wasted half my day....LOL!

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 02:44 PM
CRIIIIIIIIIIIPES! I will email you over a liscense tomorrow morning. It should be Mach1lisc.dat

jeepsr4ever
04-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I need your email address.

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 12:27 AM
troylaschinger@hotmail.com

jeepsr4ever
04-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Sent

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Thanks Matt! I will try and report back. Which folder to I copy that into again.

Another thing I found....something is up with our Z. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDREhlzISd4&feature=youtu.be

I mentioned that it was hanging up and making a little noise when it goes down. I thought it was cause I was lacking the torch and holder and the slides were a sticky. Well we put the torch and holder on and it is worse. As you can see from the video, the Z will actually stall out when you rapid down with joystick. If you go slow its fine, and there are no issues with up travel. Any ideas?

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Well, I loaded license. Software is registered to Bulltear now.

Probelm still exists, but I can turn the THC on and off, it flashes when on.

I loaded a job to see if it will cut at all.

The ganrtry moved to position, turned the torch on then waited.

I assume it is waiting becuase it is not reading any Torch Volts or Torch Amps, and it does not get the ARC OK LED.

I have put the DCP in test/cal mode and do get the ARC ok to come on. Attached are the screen shots of Mach and the PWM an DCP

Have you seen anything remotely like this? I think I am going to try a differnt PC and see if it is a serial port isuse.

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Ok. So I just reloaded all the software on to a different computer and recieved the EXACT same results. What next?

Mav68erick
04-22-2012, 03:31 AM
have you tried cutting with the THC off? to see if it still doesnt work, try that, I dont even use the thc on thick stuff or things that arent very big, if the cut is X amount of seconds I just dont see it reacting fast enough pierce start the volts are all over the place, cut a 1" circle in thin stuff at 300 ipm its not even 1/10th of s second cut time.

perhaps one of your cut profiles has one of the faults set to cause it not to start, If I remember right when I first started up and dry ran my table without the plasma on, I had to hit start twice to get it to move, and then start again on every pierce because it didnt have a single, now dunno what I changed but I can dry run without it, prolly cuz the THC is always off.

Mav68erick
04-22-2012, 03:33 AM
also I had to get the box to run my ground cable through for my powermax65, I think If I remember right I wasnt getting volts feedback or an arc ok signal I cant remember.

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Ok with THC off, it will cut a par, but I get no ARC OK, no TORCH VOLTS DRO, and no TORCH AMPS DRO.

Yes I do have the box to run the ground cable through.

It will dry run without the plasma on.

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Well it cuts a part, still no DTHC online LED. I have contacted Tom@CandCNC zone to see what he thinks.

I still am not satisfied untill the machine passes every test in the manual and I get all the lights and DROs working in the THC....Its a good thing I love to troubleshoot.

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Hats off to the Tom at CandCNC. He responded quickly on Sunday afternoon with tips and suggestions. I after checking and performing test Tom recommend I think we pin pointed it to the DTHCII card or UBOBIII Card. Below is the email conversations we had for anyone else who runs in to this. (Toms response is red)
-------------------------------

Hello Tom,

I have a plasma gantry kit purchased from Bulltear Indusries running the ESP II, Bladerunner G250-5 electronics, using Mach3 version 3.042.029, with a the DTHC II card pre- installed.

The DTHC is using a RAV-01 (rev 1) , with a THC sensor PWM box (mod A), and a DCP-01B current probe on a Thermal Dynamics 81.

My problem is I cant get Mach3 to see that the DTHC is online. All the power lights are lit on the DTHC card and PWM.

-When I put the DTHC in test mode it does not follow the sequence describe in the manual of TIPS VOLTS DRO set to 100 and UP flashes 5 times, then TIPS VOLTS DRO set to 150 and down flashes three times. Instead I get ARC OK and UP will flash together for a series of 3, then ARC OK and DOWN will flash for a series of three and repeat.

-I can turn the THC on....it flashes green when I do.
-I can manually turn the plasma torch on
-I loaded a job and ran a part and the machine starts, then pauses and waits for voltage/arc ok signals I assume

This is what I have tried.

-Checked serial/parallel connections.
-Re-installed serial/parallel drivers
-tried different serial, parallel, and CAT 5 cables
-re-installed the software and drivers for Mach and Bladerunner.
-I am using the correct PC components.
-Tried a different PC of mine and recieved the same results.

Here is a forum in which I have been trouble shooting with Bulltear. >http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showthread.php?19167-5x10-Gantry-Build

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toms Response:

No DTHC ONLINE LED has one cause......The DTHC is not talking to MACH through the COM port (Serial). You have to confirm you have a working COM port in the Windows Device Manager. If you have more than one or a serial device (like a modem) is using that port than the DTHC cannot use it. Once you determine that you have a COM port that show up in the Device manager then you need to match the COM port number in the Config/config plug-ins/ccc_comm (CONFIG). You also have to have the Correct hardware selected so you have the UBOB-THC checked.

The DTHC uses the serial port to display the screen values (TORCH VOLTS and TORCH AMPS). The DTHC will function and uses the values we loaded during testing but you cannot change the settings without the Serial being active.

The other signals flashing shows the high speed (parallel port) inputs are setup and working.

Fi you have more than one COM port showing up try each one in the ccc_comm CONFIG.

The serial cable we use is not a "serial" cable. It is a 9 pin "Extension" (all pins straight through)

If you are using WIN7 you are facing a long road. We do not support it running MACH and our hardware because of PC problems we cannot troubleshoot.-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response, I apprecaite it.

Yes I know the DTHC ONLINE LED is the issue, the reason I am writing you.

In the Device Manger/ Ports, I have COM1 and LPT1

I have no other devices using the COM port...modem ect...

Windows says it is working properly, I even re-isntalled the ports.

I have the port settings set per the manual.

I have configured it in the Config/config plug-ins/ccc_comm (CONFIG) to my COM1

UBOB THC is checked

I am using your factory cables. I have beeped them out with a multi-meter. I have tried my straight through DB9 cable too

I am not using Windows 7...I am using XP professional, service pak 3.

I can make the system cut parts, so I have full functionality in that regard, but no DTHC

Any more input?

Thanks,

Troy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toms Response

If this is an add-in Serial card then see if there are any later drivers available. Also check the PC BIOS (entered on bootup of the PC) to make sure there is not a MB serial port defined if you have an expansion card. Some MB's have a serial port but it may not show on the rear of the unit. We have also had several PC's that had no-working serial ports. Windows cannot test the port for proper function. All it does is go look for the ROM data at the address and see if it is there.

There are some serial test programs on the internet but you need a loopback plug. It will setup and send and rec to itself..

You might also get a USB to serial (get one with the FTDI chip) and set it up. It will add in another COM port number that you can switch to and try.

The spec on serial calls for a full 5 volt swing on the signal.

If you can confirm activity on the serial port from the PC (pins 2 & 3 are TX and RX and 5 is GND) .then the problem has to be in either the serial port on the UBOB or the Plug-in (ccc_comm) is not running right on that PC. A breakout tester is handy but a logic probe can see the pulses from the PC TX (going to UBOB input) on the ESPII box) If you have TX FROM the PC then the port is at least sending data. Then the UBOB talks back in response if it sees the right data.

Usually the COM port is not that hard to get working. We automatically set the parameters (Baud rate, stop bits, etc) to the PC through the plug-in and they normally just work.

We buy and sell refurbed PC's (mostly Dell GX280's and GX620's) We have had probelms with GX5## serial although not serial ports normally.

About the only components in our electronics that are involved in the serial port is the UBOBIII card and the DTHCII module. The serial is shared with the info from the front panel (shows up on the MACH Screen in the lower righthand corner. When the DC is off just the temp shows.

If it looks like the UBOB III it can be swapped in about 10 min in the box. We can cross ship another unit if you fill out an RMA (on our website) and provide us with a tracking number. Another option is to return the UBOB and DTHCII module for testing and repair but let me state that I think the problem is at the PC level.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom,

Its a MB mounted serial port, no expansion card, we checked in the Bios and everything appers fine.

I performed a loop back test jumping pins 2 and 3 while using Hyperterimal and it was succesfull. I also downloaded another loopback test prorgam, which also was successful.

Everything leads me to beleive the problem is with the UBOBIII or DTHCII module. Especially since I have tried a completely different PC and recieve the same results. Do you feel otherwise now?

I will be in touch with Bulltear to decide the next step, and will get back to you.

I appreciate your help...especially on a Sunday.

Thanks again,

jeepsr4ever
04-22-2012, 08:02 AM
The Z will give you issue if the lower bearing is frozen. Turn off the control box and see if you can manually turn the Z axis screw. The only other time it does this is when you have a port conflict.

jeepsr4ever
04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
It is possible that a hardware issue is present. You cannot rule out anything.

tlspeed1
04-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I can manually turn the Z pretty easily.

What is your take on the other issues with the DTHC?

jeepsr4ever
04-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Sounds like a hardware issue if the ports are working correctly. CandCNC will set you up with a RMA for that. That Z axis sound is and stalling looks like you havent set your steps per correctly. PM sent

jeepsr4ever
04-22-2012, 08:59 AM
If you can confirm activity on the serial port from the PC (pins 2 & 3 are TX and RX and 5 is GND) .then the problem has to be in either the serial port on the UBOB or the Plug-in (ccc_comm) is not running right on that PC. A breakout tester is handy but a logic probe can see the pulses from the PC TX (going to UBOB input) on the ESPII box) If you have TX FROM the PC then the port is at least sending data. Then the UBOB talks back in response if it sees the right data.

It could be the Ubob in the control box. We have seen this issue ...rarely have issues with these lelctronics but between Candcnc (texas) and Bulltear (Minnesota) and you (Wisconsin) anything can happen in shipping.

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Well, we got got the boards back and the DTHC came online and all the tests preliminary tests in which the setup manual suggested were a success.

I loaded on some .25", because that is the material I need some brackets out of first. I completed the automatic touch off of the Z axis, and edited the post like it states. I then cut some test lines as recommended with the THC off. The cuts came out pretty good, and I found a good starting set point. I turned the THC back on and loaded some some brackets that I needed, and got the following results.

Cut quality looks ok...

I am getting a strong bevel which I would like to eliminate. Any suggestions?

My biggest problem is the Auto touch off is flaky. On one pierce it actually touches the material, zeros, pierces correctly and cuts the part. The next time the Z will go down to touch off but stop midway (not even close to the material) zero, then go to pierce height, which ends up being way to high of the material to even pierce. Its almost like the Z looses track of position. I have also had the Z bury it self into the material in the middle of cutting (thanks for the breakaway) Any suggestions.

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 03:42 AM
That bevel is a directional issue...go the other direction. The best cut is on the right side of the tool path. Also cehck to see if your torch lead isnt allowing full drop on the Z

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Yes I changed the direction...didnt seem to help

There is plenty of slack in cable for the torch. Unless the Z axis is hanging up on the linear slides.

What is the correct sequence for loading in a new job as far as zeroing the Z goes

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Yeah...so I just put a dial indicator on the torch head. I have tried several different jobs, and it will always complete the first pierce, maybe the second at the correct height, but it will eventually end up trying to pierce double sometimes even triple my pierce height

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 04:39 AM
Does the DRO on the Mach screen indicate a taller height? Can you push up on the Z and does it move freely? Do you have the correct steps per for the Z axis in motor tuning?

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 04:56 AM
No the the DRO reads out the desired pierce height according to the Gcode. In this case the Z will position from previous cut, go down, stop, zero it self then go to pierce height which is .160" (DRO is reading this) , but the dial indicator was reading .4" height from material

Steps are at , per your instructions

The Z slides freely.

If I set it on the work surface and and zero it, and then command it to 1" , I get 1" of height out of it so it seems to be calibrated.

At this point it wont even finish a part because it ends up trying to pierce to high, and faults out

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Behind the Mag plate are 4 little screws. They remain loose for plasma cutting and are tightened for routing. It is possible they need to be loosened a little more. If you physically grab the Mag plate and force it up does it go up enough to alow you to hear the click of the microswitch?

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Also is your bevel always on the same side?

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 06:29 AM
4 screws were loose, Z slides up and down freely. I can hear the micro-switch click when I slide it manually and when the torch touches off when you "Ref Z"

What are correct steps for when you load in new G-code for setting the Z? Maybe I am missing something.

The Z is clearly loosing its position. Its like the Z is adding up all the moves over time to determine a new 0.

I am not worried about the bevel right now....this is more important

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Your Z is correct for the steps per. I wouldnt say its adding yet. It could be a sticky switch for Z home.

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Which post processor are you using for sheetcam...should be MP1000-THC only for plasma.

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Which post processor are you using for sheetcam...should be MP1000-THC only for plasma.

I dont think this would matter there isnt a post that would cause this after running through them. Go to diagnostics in Mach 3 and push the Z up until the Z home lights up. Repeat this until you feel a bind or see an error. The tolerances are pretty tight on the Z axis and I can imagine anything binding up. I wonder if its a switch issue.

You said

On one pierce it actually touches the material, zeros, pierces correctly and cuts the part. The next time the Z will go down to touch off but stop midway (not even close to the material) zero, then go to pierce height, which ends up being way to high of the material to even pierce. Its almost like the Z looses track of position. I have also had the Z bury it self into the material in the middle of cutting (thanks for the breakaway) Any suggestions

This would indicate a bind in the Z axis to me. This means the Z is held up and the home switch is activated too high. It wouldnt take much to hold up the Z axis. More common is the torch cable coming in contact with the upper Z axis linear support and thrust bearing mount. Its the top piece of 3/4" thick aluminum and if the torch lead hits it sometimes it will give the Z axis a false height reading as it holds up the Z. The lead needs to be free.

The Z axis burying itself into the cut means your not reading tip volts correctly. Also what is your velocity and accel numbers for Z?

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I have looked at the Z, dis-assembled, reassembled it, I don't feel that it is sticky

I have tested the switch and ran the Z up and down a thousand times while watching the Z home light. I only see it light up when the torch is indeed home, and never seen it stay lit up.

Yes, MP1000-THC. There is a post I thought of trying....MP1000-THC-Zref....but only because it said Zref in it.

I have lots of slack in the torch cable in order to not let it get caught in the Z.

Per your specs.....Velocity 800, Accl 40

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Velocity 50-80, accel 15 on the Z axis

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 08:18 AM
If I run it with THC off, so its not looking for volts or anything. It will keeps adding up the Z movements. Out of 4 pierces, the first starting at .16", then the second at .about .19, the third at about .4, and it tries to to do the final one around .55". Somehow it is adding up somethign.

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Velocity 50-80, accel 15 on the Z axis

Sorry, I looked at the X axis,

Z is at 50 and 10

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Something triggered z home. It could be that your ref distance in sheetcam (the distance between touch offs) was in play and you started on top of a piece of warped material, made a small cut then went to the other area that was warped the other way and the torch fired a little too high. How high was it off the plate? For it to fire off the plate the Z home switch needs to be activated. The only way this can happen it is the Mag-Lok is held in position while the Z is moving downward. If you continue to test it and you cannot find an issue I would say it was held up by the torch lead a couple of times. If it rubs on that top plate this is what may happen. Also Z home only lights up when you push UP on the Z axis and should never stay on. I think your good to go on that part.

In the red area is where the torch lead sometimes catches if your lead isnt positioned like this one.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/bulltear/zaxistorchlead.jpg

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 09:32 AM
This isn't a every once and awhile occurrence, this happens every single time I try to cut.

I have brand new 4x8 sheet of .25", and have tried to cut in several areas of the sheet. I get the same results, so its not due to the plate warping.

The overall height will stack up through the pierces and cuts, the whole time the DRO will display the proper values, but the torch will be higher up to .4-.5" off .

I know what you are saying that if the Mag-Lok is being held up. I can almost guarantee its not. I can hear when it hits the switch...even when cutting and there are times it wont hit the switch, but will zero the DRO and go to pierce height.

Here is my torch cable...no way its getting in the way. Edit> The picture is deceiving, but the cable is about 3" away from the aluminum

I also disabled the Z home in Ports and pins. I manually Zero the Z at the work surface, and run the program, and it does the exact same thing. Starting to think its something with Sheecam, the post, or the Gcode

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Can you copy and paste your G-code? If it isnt in the G-code and it isnt in the hardware then it could be a Mach issue. During normal operation Mach will wait for the signal for Z home then start the whole pierce dialog. This is done by a G92 code in which Z travels in the negative direction until it gets a signal from the I/O board saying Z home has been activated. These machines use that little microswitch for this. It is possible that you are loosing this switch from a loose wire (most likely and has happened before). Either on the switch or on the connection to the I/O board. Go to diagnostics and have someone wiggle the wire on both ends (Z axis and control box) and see if the switch lights up.

N0070 (Process: No Offset, Default, T1: 1/4 steel)
N0080 M06 T1 F45 (1/4 steel)
N0090 G00 Z0.9000
N0100 X12.0249 Y0.7852
N0110 Z0.2500
N0120 G28.1 Z0.12
N0130 G92 Z0.0 Touch off
N0140 G00 Z0.0520
N0150 G92 Z0.0
N0160 G00 Z0.2500
N0170 M03
N0180 G04 P0.2
N0190 G01 Z0.1100 F60.0

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
It also appears like your Mag-Lok plate is getting pulled sideways from the lead coming off the bracket. This may just be optical in your picture but may contribute to your angled cuts.

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 11:32 AM
N0000 (Filename: SBCMMPlate.tap)
N0010 (Post processor: MP1000-THC.scpost)
N0020 (Date: 5/6/2012)
N0030 G20 (Units: Inches)
N0040 G53 G90 G40
N0050 F1
N0060 (Part: SBCMMPlate)
N0070 (Process: Inside Offset, holes, T3: TD82 .25" 40a)
N0080 M06 T3 F30 (TD82 .25" 40a)
N0090 G00 Z0.5000
N0100 X2.5431 Y1.0066
N0110 Z0.1600
N0120 G28.1 Z0.12
N0130 G92 Z0.0
N0140 G00 Z0.0520
N0150 G92 Z0.0
N0160 G00 Z0.1600
N0170 M03
N0180 G04 P1.5
N0190 G03 X2.5134 Y0.9553 Z0.1000 I0.0815 J-0.0815 F2.5
N0200 X2.5431 Y0.8437 I0.1112 J-0.0301 F30.0
N0210 I0.0000 J0.1500
N0220 Y1.0066 I-0.0815 J0.0815
N0230 M05
N0240 G04 P0.5
N0250 G00 Z0.5000
N0260 X0.7839 Y4.0989
N0270 Z0.1600
N0280 G28.1 Z0.12
N0290 G92 Z0.0
N0300 G00 Z0.0520
N0310 G92 Z0.0
N0320 G00 Z0.1600
N0330 M03
N0340 G04 P1.5
N0350 G03 X0.8353 Y4.0691 Z0.1000 I0.0815 J0.0815 F2.5
N0360 X0.9469 Y4.0989 I0.0301 J0.1112 F30.0
N0370 I-0.1500 J0.0000
N0380 X0.7839 I-0.0815 J-0.0815
N0390 M05
N0400 G04 P0.5
N0410 G00 Z0.5000
N0420 X4.2628 Y4.1065
N0430 Z0.1600
N0440 G28.1 Z0.12
N0450 G92 Z0.0
N0460 G00 Z0.0520
N0470 G92 Z0.0
N0480 G00 Z0.1600
N0490 M03
N0500 G04 P1.5
N0510 G03 X4.3142 Y4.0768 Z0.1000 I0.0815 J0.0815 F2.5
N0520 X4.4257 Y4.1065 I0.0301 J0.1112 F30.0
N0530 I-0.1500 J0.0000
N0540 X4.2628 I-0.0815 J-0.0815
N0550 (Process: Outside Offset, 0, T3: TD82 .25" 40a)
N0560 M05
N0570 G04 P0.5
N0580 G00 Z0.5000
N0590 X2.6624 Y0.2416
N0600 Z0.1600
N0610 G28.1 Z0.12
N0620 G92 Z0.0
N0630 G00 Z0.0520
N0640 G92 Z0.0
N0650 G00 Z0.1600
N0660 M03
N0670 G04 P1.5
N0680 G03 X2.6469 Y0.2989 Z0.1000 I-0.1152 J-0.0006 F2.5
N0690 X2.5466 Y0.3562 I-0.0996 J-0.0579 F30.0
N0700 G02 X1.9709 Y0.7126 I-0.0035 J0.6375
N0710 G01 X0.2252 Y3.8168
N0720 X0.2242 Y3.8187
N0730 G02 X0.7968 Y4.7364 I0.5726 J0.2801
N0740 G01 X4.2757 Y4.7440
N0750 G02 X4.8514 Y3.8326 I-0.0000 J-0.6375
N0760 G01 X4.8503 Y3.8305
N0770 X3.1183 Y0.7188
N0780 G02 X2.5466 Y0.3562 I-0.5752 J0.2749
N0790 (Part: SBCMMPlate[2])
N0800 G03 X2.4320 Y0.2404 I0.0006 J-0.1152
N0810 (Process: Inside Offset, holes, T3: TD82 .25" 40a)
N0820 M05
N0830 G04 P0.5
N0840 G00 Z0.5000
N0850 X0.8107 Y5.4480
N0860 Z0.1600
N0870 G28.1 Z0.12
N0880 G92 Z0.0
N0890 G00 Z0.0520
N0900 G92 Z0.0
N0910 G00 Z0.1600
N0920 M03
N0930 G04 P1.5
N0940 G03 X0.7514 Y5.4491 Z0.1000 I-0.0318 J-0.1107 F2.5
N0950 X0.6682 Y5.3690 I0.0276 J-0.1119 F30.0
N0960 I0.1312 J0.0727
N0970 X0.8107 Y5.4480 I0.0318 J0.1107
N0980 M05
N0990 G04 P0.5
N1000 G00 Z0.5000
N1010 X2.6624 Y8.4858
N1020 Z0.1600
N1030 G28.1 Z0.12
N1040 G92 Z0.0
N1050 G00 Z0.0520
N1060 G92 Z0.0
N1070 G00 Z0.1600
N1080 M03
N1090 G04 P1.5
N1100 G03 X2.6613 Y8.4264 Z0.1000 I0.1107 J-0.0318 F2.5
N1110 X2.7414 Y8.3433 I0.1119 J0.0276 F30.0
N1120 I-0.0727 J0.1312
N1130 X2.6624 Y8.4858 I-0.1107 J0.0318
N1140 M05
N1150 G04 P0.5
N1160 G00 Z0.5000
N1170 X4.3557 Y5.4468
N1180 Z0.1600
N1190 G28.1 Z0.12
N1200 G92 Z0.0
N1210 G00 Z0.0520
N1220 G92 Z0.0
N1230 G00 Z0.1600
N1240 M03
N1250 G04 P1.5
N1260 G03 X4.3546 Y5.3874 Z0.1000 I0.1107 J-0.0318 F2.5
N1270 X4.4347 Y5.3043 I0.1119 J0.0276 F30.0
N1280 I-0.0727 J0.1312
N1290 X4.3557 Y5.4468 I-0.1107 J0.0318
N1300 (Process: Outside Offset, 0, T3: TD82 .25" 40a)
N1310 M05
N1320 G04 P0.5
N1330 G00 Z0.5000
N1340 X0.1995 Y4.9728
N1350 Z0.1600
N1360 G28.1 Z0.12
N1370 G92 Z0.0
N1380 G00 Z0.0520
N1390 G92 Z0.0
N1400 G00 Z0.1600
N1410 M03
N1420 G04 P1.5
N1430 G03 X0.2420 Y5.0141 Z0.1000 I-0.0564 J0.1004 F2.5
N1440 X0.2436 Y5.1296 I-0.0989 J0.0591 F30.0
N1450 G02 X0.2762 Y5.8059 I0.5559 J0.3121
N1460 G01 X2.1448 Y8.8377
N1470 X2.1460 Y8.8395
N1480 G02 X3.2262 Y8.7836 I0.5226 J-0.3650
N1490 G01 X4.9195 Y5.7445
N1500 G02 X4.4015 Y4.7992 I-0.5576 J-0.3091
N1510 G01 X4.3991 Y4.7991
N1520 X0.8378 Y4.8054
N1530 G02 X0.2436 Y5.1296 I-0.0384 J0.6363
N1540 G03 X0.0867 Y5.1737 I-0.1004 J-0.0564
N1550 M05
N1560 G04 P0.5
N1570 G00 Z0.5000
N1580 X0.0000 Y0.0000
N1590 M05 M30

Checked the wiring and switch. Light on screen for Zhome never came on when wiggling wires. I ran a program and watched the light on the control board to and it never goes out, even though the Z is finding its zero on its own

The torch is angled because I was messing with the Z axis, but it was straight when I was cutting the parts earlier.

jeepsr4ever
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Code looks good! When the Z touches the Z home should come on in Mach 3 diagnostics. If the little microswitch got stuck it would raise to your "rapid clearance plane" height set in sheetcam. Then it should do the G28.1 code to Z0.12 and if the switch is stuck, fire from there. It may also try to reference right away if the switch is sticking. Generally these issues are something stupid simple but without being there we will have to go through some steps. Now the switch is ACTIVE LOW disabled so it trips when it looses contact. This means the switch is always on until the travel comes off the switch and it looses contact. This is how it references Z Home and the light will most likely always be on in the control box. Are you using any other inputs on the I/O board? Are you doing anything different than we suggest on that board?

tlspeed1
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Code looks good! When the Z touches the Z home should come on in Mach 3 diagnostics. If the little microswitch got stuck it would raise to your "rapid clearance plane" height set in sheetcam. Then it should do the G28.1 code to Z0.12 and if the switch is stuck, fire from there. It may also try to reference right away if the switch is sticking. Generally these issues are something stupid simple but without being there we will have to go through some steps. Now the switch is ACTIVE LOW disabled so it trips when it looses contact. This means the switch is always on until the travel comes off the switch and it looses contact. This is how it references Z Home and the light will most likely always be on in the control box. Are you using any other inputs on the I/O board? Are you doing anything different than we suggest on that board?

Yes the switch is Active low. When torch touches the table and lifts, the switch is opened, the Zhome light comes on in Mach. The light is also on in the control box.

I hooked a multi-meter up to the switch and am checking continuity on the switch while running a program, and the switch never opens which means it never activates since its Active low.

Tell me if I am doing this wrong.

-Load G code.
-Zero X,Y
-Ref Z off of a material (this value is never consistent) Sometimes it gives me a the value I entered in the post per the DTHC instructions, sometimes its 0, sometimes its a random number. If the number is random, I do it until the number is 0 or the entered value. When I do this I ensure the limit switch is being hit and the Zhome light comes on. I have tried zeroing the Z before and after RefZ, and get same results
-Run program...watch it fuck up. Now I cant even get it to do the first pierce of part with out being to high.

The only other input we are using is X home for the breakaway like you suggest.

We are not doing anything different....we are just trying to learn to walk with this thing!

tlspeed1
05-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Matt.....I will be gone all week, but Chris will be calling you this morning.

jeepsr4ever
05-07-2012, 02:09 AM
I am on the phone with Chris

jeepsr4ever
05-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Boy all this trouble seemed to stem from a unregistered version of Sheetcam. We found the key was not present.

jeepsr4ever
05-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Also you were using the wrong MP1000 post. It should have been MP1000-THC not MP1000-THCRefZ.

tlspeed1
05-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Owned by a license issue....damn! I never read anywhere about the Sheetcam license.

I switched the to the MP1000-THC RefZ last night at about 8:30 as a last ditch effort, and never changed it back...my bad! I was using MP1000-THC throughout the whole process

jeepsr4ever
05-07-2012, 04:15 AM
:D

tlspeed1
05-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Matt... I am curious as to how the Sheetcam license was affecting the Gcode and Mach?

jeepsr4ever
05-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Not sure it may have not let the post process right. You also had some funky pierce and cut heights in your tools as well as a pause at the end of cut and a very slow Z. Should be good to go now.

tlspeed1
05-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Any adjustments to the pierce heights, cut heights, and Z were funky due to the issue we were having. We ended the day with very different values than we started with due to the troubleshooting process. I am going to start over with my tools now.

tlspeed1
05-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Our stuff is not working again. Same problems. Same issues. Licesnse installed. Pretty sure its still a SheetCam thing.

I load in Gcode, reference to tell X0 Y0 and Z0. Hit run. System finds its own Z0 where ever it feels like, and trys to pierce double desired height.

We need to lay this to rest ASAP!

jeepsr4ever
05-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Why are you ref'n the Z axis? Your doing something wrong when your trying to cut a part. My advice is to bring z down to maybe 1" above the part, zero Z, find where you want your X zero and Y zero then run your part. It is quite possible your throwing an extra code in when you hit REF Z before running.

jeepsr4ever
05-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I also cant remember what me and Chris talked about but we got it straitened out. I think it was a tool setting in sheetcam. I cant remember it is a strange issue but we did figure it out and it cut like it was supposed to do.

tlspeed1
05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Its very possible I am. I went over the sequence over the phone with Chris an he said it sounded correct. I cut some parts fine others failed to. I meant zero not REF. If I hold the torch about 1.0 over the material and zero Z, hit run, the torch will travel down and zero itself but will not be actually close enough to the material to pierce it.

Chris told me it was resolved but we never had a sit-down to talk about it. He is going to test it tomorrow an see if it works the way he remembers.

tlspeed1
06-04-2012, 05:06 AM
So, just an update for anyone in the future.

Our machine wasn't performing the G28.1 (auto-touch off feature) portion of the code correctly. It would randomly zero through when at any location through out the travel of the Z to the material.

The floating Z and switch appeared to be in proper working order and everything was set up correctly.

We were advised by Matt and Tom to replace the normally closed switch (stock configuration) with a normally open switch and changed the Z home settings to active high. Once we did this, the problem went away and the G28.1 function is operating properly.

jeepsr4ever
06-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Bad switch is the only real thing that would cuase this. Vibration from the Z causing very fine circuit changes.

tlspeed1
06-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Agreed, I should of mentioned that the problem pointed to a bad switch and not the Active Low/High settings. Chris just changed both, because that is the kind of guy he is.....no patience to try one thing at a time. If I would of made the changes, I would of just changed the switch first, and tried it. Hell, I might even go back to the normally closed switch, just so its in factory form.

jeepsr4ever
06-04-2012, 06:38 AM
You cannot do that now that the switch is wired to normally open unless your going to change the wire to the second pole instead of the third. It doesnt matter which way you have it we simply set it up from the factory with a 2 pole switch normally closed with a 2 pole switch. We could go with a 3 pole using pole #1 and #2. Either way it works well and will perform.

tlspeed1
06-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I know I would have to change the switch wiring...but I will prolly leave it.

On a side note. What is the best program to use for importing artwork like pictures and text. For example, say I want to make some some parts and want to cut out a logo or text. I have the part designed in Autocad, but from past experience I have not had good luck making nice text in Autocad. I usually ended up drawing block letters. Any suggestions?

jeepsr4ever
06-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Corel draw or the latest Bobcad but there are some free ones out there

tlspeed1
06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Ok. So say I have a correct drawn part in Autocad, and I want to place an image on it in a certain location. If the image is in Corel draw, how do I get them to work together properly? Do I import the Corel image to Autocad, or vice versa?

I will try out Bobcad...We still have to send in the registration paper work

jeepsr4ever
06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Your talking converting an image file to a toolpath (.jpg to .dxf) in corel you vectorize the file. Some autocad will allow you to save the image as a .dxf. This is called raster to vector conversion and if you search around you will find free examples of this available. The latest Bobcad does this pretty well but the 21X you have will not.

jeepsr4ever
11-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Been cutting?

tlspeed1
11-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Never as much as I would like too! Wish I could log more time on it.

I have been cutting typical offroad parts, wheel centers, rocks rings, signs, and misc tabs and brkts.

Chris has been using it some, but not as much as I hoped he would. He just informed me he ordered the pipe cutting attachment. Do you have some info on that? Is there anything need to build in order to make this come together? Can I import cope profiles from Bendtech? What about Solidworks?

Trusses and diff covers

link arms

cool signs

Bolt on Duramax traction bars

jeepsr4ever
11-19-2012, 11:24 PM
The tube cutter uses a special post in Sheetcam so not much changes there.

tlspeed1
12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
The tube cutter uses a special post in Sheetcam so not much changes there.

Hmm...that explains it!

Bulltear Ad