PDA

View Full Version : If you are caught looking at the plasma instructional and arent a customer you are instantly banned

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
For those giving out the plasma instructional password please stop. We are banning any member who isnt a customer caught in that protected area. We dont care who you are that area is restricted for customer use only.:signsigh:

Mav68erick
04-16-2012, 07:01 AM
peoples r sneaky, I popped in there yesterday and it was funny, under the cut quality I keep reading and usually its Jim saying cut circles at 80% or slow down on corners arcs etc. so Sat. I was tinkerying made different layers to achieve that. Would be nice since Mach3 shows linear movements as blue and arcs as purple if it could automatically be taught or prgrammed to do any arc at 80% feed circle or just a radius on a corner. as it leaves a very distinctive bevel taper, I did find a way to combat it by leading in with an arc directly into an arc or polyline but once it changes direction any other arc will cut normal but if you have something important this helps.

Finally got the xbox controller working to, finally reliazed I had to look up vendor / product Id because Mach wasnt reconizing it.

jeepsr4ever
04-16-2012, 07:16 AM
There is no baseline for slowdown on arc it is different for every arc but the same % for any thickness. If your getting a distinct taper you may be going around holes the wrong way. Try going to the other direction around the hole and try slowing down. A good plasma table operator will process the layer of holes at a different speed. You can do this by promoting or changing all the holes to a different layer and do 2 operations in sheetcam. The controller is nice!

Mav68erick
04-16-2012, 07:46 AM
on 3/16 its only about .010 difference top to bottom now that I seperated layers. before it still wasnt bad I just wanted to test for improvement, but if I want a 1/2 hole for a bolt to go through I have to draw the hole .530 for it to clear, I wanna get a standardized set of dimensions for all thicknesses for bolt holes as I dont wanna drill holes out for things that arent critical.

Bulltear Ad