PDA

View Full Version : Service Replacement Blocks?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Karvin
06-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Yes, I know now to look for the displacement mark cast into the side by the motor mount; however I didn't know that when I was looking at the Cherokee Chief that I was buying about an hour and a half North of me.

The engine was replaced in the early 90's with what was supposed to be a "service replacement' block, not a remanufactured engine or a rebuilt engine. Once the vehicle actually got fired up (loose electrical connections at the starter solenoid) it was VERY impressive.... for something that was supposedly stock. I have never heard throttle response like this from any AMC V8. Does anybody have any info on the service replacement block that isn't covered by the four sentence mention of it on the AMC V8 Wiki page?

Oh, by the way... I am John and you can find me posting under this username here, at IFSJA, FSJN, etc.

Thanks for the assist in advance.

jeepsr4ever
06-12-2012, 01:24 AM
As I understand it you can find these in many different bore sizes. They were for the most part a thick cylinder wall block and could be found in Donohue Javelins and as replacements. Nice blocks.

Bulltear Ad