PDA

View Full Version : X axis quit working

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

the-t-man
07-31-2012, 03:14 AM
Hi again. the X axis on our table has stopped working and when you take the cover off of the main panel for the table the one led on the main board does not light up on the card for the x axis. this table has very little run time [maybe 5 hours in total] and i'm kinda frustrated with it. i still havnt got the thc to work correctly either and everything is set up as per the instructions. could someone please tell me what i need to do to get this thing working again.

jeepsr4ever
07-31-2012, 03:34 AM
That is very little run time in 2 years. Are you running the X axis together with the A axis slaved? Or are you calling the X axis the gantry axis attached to the Z axis? Was that a single electronics box unit or a dual box unit? Did you confirm the plug on the front panel didnt come loose? If it did that will not power up the drives. If only one drive is out that is a cheap and easy fix ($70 drive). If you need electronic repair send the unit in directly to the mfg I will pm you details. We can help you out with most of the troubleshooting and operational issues for sure but if there is a electrical problem the mfg of the electronics may need to be involved.

the-t-man
07-31-2012, 04:26 AM
the x axis motor functions fine if you plug it into the "z" port on the control box. the x axis is its own and the y and a is slaved. there is one control box on our table and the output leds all flash when commanded to move by the computer itself. just the x axis will not move. i have a feeling that the board for the thc is an issue as well as i went through your diagnostic steps before and everything else checked out. if you could send me the info that would be great and then i can get them to fix it asap.

jeepsr4ever
07-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Whats your current email?

the-t-man
07-31-2012, 04:45 AM
sales@bigcountrycustoms.com

jeepsr4ever
07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Email sent which was basically alink to the download of the manuals. I believe the newer manuals have a better diagnostic section. It sounds like you have a driver card that is out. The THC has a self test so when you have Mach 3 up press and hold the "test" button form the control box but using a pen tip (GENTLY) and you will see the THC do a "self" test. This will show if the module inside the unit is faulty or if the problem lies with the card in your plasma or the way you hooked up your raw tip voltage. I have seen just about every problem however 98% of them are easy to fix they just need to be diagnosed.

Bulltear Ad