PDA

View Full Version : Sheetcam question?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ssray
08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Ok, got started learning sheet cam and ran into something I haven't figured out yet. Put a basic drawing in with a hole and the letters "TEST". Put the hole and the text on a different layer so the offset could be set for inside lead in. The E would not do an inside lead in when set to arc, I would have to set it to tangent to get the lead in inside the letter. Even if I put the E in its own layer it would do the same thing. Just wonder what' going on here.

jeepsr4ever
08-07-2012, 12:58 AM
If your arc length is too long sheetcam will not be able to find a start point without ruining the E so it most likely defaulted and would put a toolpath on the E. Try a shorter arc lead in/out.

ssray
08-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Thanks! I also learned how to move the start points around and rearrange them and that made a difference as well. A couple evenings and I'm feeling comfortable with the basics at least. Thought it might br quite a learning curve but if MACH is similar this won't be bad at all.

If your arc length is too long sheetcam will not be able to find a start point without ruining the E so it most likely defaulted and would put a toolpath on the E. Try a shorter arc lead in/out.

Bulltear Ad