PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Delay- What is your setting?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tlspeed1
01-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Just curious what everyone is running for a pierce delay?

I have a Cutmaster 81 and my pierce delay seems quite long compared to others systems I have watched cut on Youtube.

The thinnest I have cut is .1 and I need 1.5 seconds, 1/4" is set at 2.0, and 3/8" is 2.5 seconds. Obviously any shorter of delay and it the system takes off and just gouges.

So, whats everyone else have?

jeepsr4ever
01-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Depends on the unit itself. Is their a pause between firing and the torch actually firing? It should blow through 1/4" in under a half second. If your too far from the plate it can take quite a while.

tlspeed1
01-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Yeah, so ended up watching it a lot closer. My long delay is between torch on and the torch actually firing.

Now off to find out how to lock the dthc when cutting small holes....any info on this

jeepsr4ever
01-28-2013, 01:46 AM
What we do is increase the THC delay and make the cut height in sheetcam shorter (like .030 over Hypertherms list). If you have your cut height close to the distance that your tip volts give you then the delay will not matter. It helps to delay on the smaller holes. On larger ones it doesnt matter and THC is used. There is a scriber post for sheetcam that allows the change. We have only played with it a little bit but the THC delay increase is the immediate answer. Also cut out your lead out on holes.

tlspeed1
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah I found and have started playing with THC delay. Seen some results, but the verdict is still out. I have more playing to do yet.

Ideally I would love to get here> http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/plasma/presentation.pdf

But the limit might be plasma cutter. Seems Hypertherm in general have a much cleaner cut with less bevel than my Thermal Arc. I am not giving up yet though.

Also is there any way to assign a THC voltage per job routine in sheetcam? Say I'm cutting 3/8" at 45 IPM and THC volts is at 118, now I want to move to some smaller inner more complex geometry so I slow the feed rate down and the THC will do goofy things unless I change the voltage down fore the new slower feed rate.

jeepsr4ever
01-30-2013, 02:30 AM
There really isnt a way to control tip volts from sheetcam that I know of. Its hard to beat the Hypertherm.

Bulltear Ad