PDA

View Full Version : Additional Questions about our 4x4

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

BgHurt
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
We are having a few issues/questions here with our 4x4 table.

1. On 3/16 steel everything seems great. Corners, holes, dross, etc. But when we move to 1/8 hole shapes look great. But lead-in looks pitted. When the torch moves from y to X axis, we get a wiggle. That is the only corner that gets it though. X to Y does not get a wiggle. Do I need to set the preload on the rollers on the X Axis? Or is there something else I should be checking? I found it weird that it is fine on 3/16. Then again speed is higher on 1/8.

2. If I want THC off on holes, would I start with a hole layer in sheetcam with THC off, then after the hole layer put a code snippet to turn on THC for the outer layer?

3. There is a large delay after pierce before it starts moving. We have tried lowering the Pierce Delay, but it does not seem to make a difference.

4. Suggested Plunge rate for the 4x4 table from 2012?

5. THC delay. 1 is ok?

jeepsr4ever
03-14-2013, 01:57 AM
1. You need to eliminate the possbility of the Mag-lok being out of adjustment. This is done but tightening the 2 1/4-20 bolts on the bottom of the torch plate and/or screwing out the two 90 degree set screws behind the plate. The other possibility is that your truck doesnt have enough preload or your torch is loose in the holder.
2. The best way to cut holes is to run them in a different layer and reduce the cut speed OR run the right consumables (shielded vs ring the shielded will give a bigger gap from the end of the electrode forcing you to increase tip volts or you will drag). There are many ways to make very very nice holes putting in a code snippet is the most tedious.
3. Large delay means pierce delay which means it is in your tools in sheetcam OR in your cut profile OR in Mach3 Settings tab. Check all 3.
4. Plunge rate can be up to 60IPM easy however you will need to go to Mach3/config/homingandlimits tab and increase the Z axis home speed from 20% to 80 or higher. Plunge rate is set in sheetcam tools but the plunge speed is ultimately set in Mach3 in the homing and limits selection under config. It sets the speed percentage of programmed speed.
5. THC delay only needs to be long enough to delay readings of tip volts until the pierce is done and your in motion. Some thinner materials with no pierce delay may use less than 1 second but most will be over 1 second.

Bulltear Ad