PDA

View Full Version : Machine not cutting to correct scale? What am I doing wrong?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CBRMetalworks
05-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I didn't notice this until I cut something today that had to be right (bracket for a truck), most of the time cutting a sign or something it doesn't matter if it comes out +/- 1" in size.

I had something drawn in CAD that was 27", it cut at about 26.25", the whole piece is wrong (all the holes are in the wrong spot).

What could I be doing wrong? It cant be a inch/mm problem because it is only off a relatively small amount, there is no slop in the table either.

jeepsr4ever
05-14-2013, 02:55 PM
If you look in the plasma insctructional there are two different motor tuning values. PM me your values and I will give you the other set. Then a quick test and your golden.

CBRMetalworks
05-15-2013, 02:30 PM
I found out that was probably the issue last night after some searching (plus after your response that made me feel more confident that was the issue). I changed them to the other set and all is well. Just hate I wasted that piece of 1/4" steel!!

CBRMetalworks
05-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Hmm, I need to update my location, apparently I am in Antigua and Barbuda.... I WISH!!!

Bulltear Ad